ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BT Internet Issues

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Well im out of my 12 month contract.. this is besides the point.

I have up to 35mg download, which has always felt slow. I have a 1 bed flat so when in the lounge (where the wifi box is) it is slow. If I go into the bedroom it is like it doesn't work. I do the speed tests and it shows slow mid 30's..

There are 14 flats in total in the block if that makes a difference. Presume just a call to BT asking why it is so crap?

Clio 182
Plug a network cable in and see how you get on with that... that way you know whether its wifi or Internet

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Should have been clearer.

When using my phone its slow. Games its fine from both rooms via the WIFI.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Not sure this is a BT problem to be honest. If you get good speeds on speedtest.net and it's fine on all devices apart from your phone then it's an issue with the phone surely?

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Happens with anyone's phone, when friends come over. Girlfriends phone. No issues any other house with WIFI just my flat.

Same with ipad also.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like your wifi then, what happens if you run a speedtest from your iPad or phone when it's in the bedroom? If that's slower than when you run the same test from the same device in the lounge then it's your wifi not the broadband.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
3gb?

That's 100 times faster than my fibre, wtf did you need 36 for?

Sorry 3 meg or whatever, download speed. Upload is less than 1. Used to be 36 ish download, 10 upload. Ping is 23.

Can't get fibre here yet

CE17B601-5976-4917-8F32-E2AE5A5EBD6C_zpsersfa30j.png

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Run speed test from both rooms and it is the same im sure, will test tonight.

Not tried different router as don't have one.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Run speed test from both rooms and it is the same im sure, will test tonight.

I'm confused, in your first post you said it's not really working in the bedroom? Do you mean the wifi connection is dropping out?

You could try the checker app from OFCOM, it's a bit limited but does check the wifi for issues.

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/internet/broadband-speeds/

I guess the key thing is to work out whether it's a wifi issue, which your ISP can't really do anything about, or an actual broadband issue.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Taken me like 5 mins to just get on the site via my tapatalk.. That's how crap the wifi is.

Okay first speed test was in lounge. Second in bedroom... How it has a better download speed when I struggle to even load any page!!!

Edit.. Can't even upload the photos . f**k you bt

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing wrong with your sustained connection speeds then. Very odd, Have you tried the OFCOM app?

Do you have access to a PC or laptop with wireless? There's a really useful tool called inSSIDder which will show you a map of all the wifi networks in your area and you can see if yours is overlapping with another one, that might be causing your issue.