ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BT or Virgin

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I need to choose a broadband provider to use for my uni house next year my options are:-

Virgin 50Mb
BT 17Mb
or some random provider

my flatmates want virgin because the have only ever used them and have never used BT, i am a computer network student so you dont need to teach me about the ways of the internet but what are they both really like as i dont want to choose a provider who is going to be unreliable and have heard of people not liking virgin, i use BT at home and we never have a problem with it.

Just want to see peoples views and you can take cost into account if you wish

Simon

Ph1 172/Megane coupe
I was a BT customer for years but along with Sky it was getting to expensive so i went over to Virgin, Virgin has proven itself to give considerably faster downloads and has never dropped its connection.

I do miss the BTfon and Openzone hotspots which are pretty much everywhere.......which is a consideration if you use an iphone or similar.

Punto/Clio GTT
ive just got rid of sky for same reasons, chose BE in the end, cheapest, seems to have the best reviews and so far they have been excellent processing my router and answering questions

£12 BT landline and £14 BE broadband

RS mk2 172
I am assuming you can get Virgin cable and not adsl? If so definitley Virgin. Never had any reliability issues at all but if you need to contact customer services then get an interpretor as its a call centre in the jungle somewhere.

Lotus Elise
I HATE virgin media with a passion, I would only ever advise you steer well clear of the useless sh!ts.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
one of my house mates says that we have to go with them cos he is going to download 500GB a month(i dont believe it)

Lotus Elise
I have had no end of problem with them, I was 14 days late getting my internet because someone hadn't pushed the correct button on their computer all my complaints went with complete disregard. Ever since I have had problem with the service they provide. Last month they stopped emailing me my bills and than cut me off due to not paying anything, I hadn't had a bill and the direct debt didnt work because they had the wrong details but it had worked the previous 4 months.

Hate them.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
well router is in my room so i can slow his connection if i want to

Fiesta ST2
Virgin media are a pack of w*****s but the internet i've had from them has been 100%. its dropped out like twice in about 7 years and the drop outs where for less than 30minutes

Octy VRS
I've just switched to Sky from Virgin as they were being c***s. Now paying half I was with Virgin and getting the same download speeds. f*****s.

Westy. MX5
Virgin for you, as you have to share with yer mates, purely for the bandwidth. Customer service is not that good, however for the price and speed will be best for you all.