ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BT Problem, No Ringer on phone when router plugged in

Not a 320d
Strange one here. BT Broadband, and a phone. Its not mine, but my aunties.

So with the router unplugged, the phone will ring, and you can make outgoing calls. With the router plugged in, the phone will not make any noise, but its possible to do a 1471 and see whos rang.

Any clues as to what this problem might be?

Not a 320d
Ill try a new one in case then, but how would that effect it in the way it is?

Its just that the phone wont make a sound when ringing, theres no ringtone so to speak.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Ill try a new one in case then, but how would that effect it in the way it is?

Its just that the phone wont make a sound when ringing, theres no ringtone so to speak.

MF could be blocking the signal completely, rather than splitting it

What style of faceplate does your aunt have?

its either the filter or the router, has she another filter in the house to swap and check, they go faulty quite oftern. i'm a BT Engineer Btw

Not a 320d
its either the filter or the router, has she another filter in the house to swap and check, they go faulty quite oftern. i'm a BT Engineer Btw

I like how you guys find BT related problems on forums all the time :)

Not at hers no, im the one that set it up and its a good 45 min drive to hers so i wont be able to sort it for a while.

Ill pop another filter up sometime and try that out.

Dont think it will make any difference, but its a business phone, and i think its business broadband too although i might be wrong, it might just be up to 8mb bband.

I like how you guys find BT related problems on forums all the time :)

Not at hers no, im the one that set it up and its a good 45 min drive to hers so i wont be able to sort it for a while.

Ill pop another filter up sometime and try that out.

Dont think it will make any difference, but its a business phone, and i think its business broadband too although i might be wrong, it might just be up to 8mb bband.

Simple way to test, unplug router and leave handset running through the filter, dial 17070, option 1(ring back test) this will either ring or not. if it does ring, its the router, if it doesnt its the filter.

DMS

A thirsty 172
It'll be the microfilter. It won't be the router (I'm an Infrastructure Security Analyst and a former Infrastructure Support Engineer BTW ;) )

Not a 320d
Well im going up tomorrow or tuesday to test it, any other possible things i can try when im there?

Thanks for the info.