ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few problems with 1.4L 16v 73kW

Renault Clio 1.4 16v
Hi there,
I recently bought a Renault Clio 1.4 but since then it's gotten a few problems and I can't seem to diagnose what is. I hope someone here might be of any help.

1. The car sometimes has a check engine light and when checking it with an OBD it says misfire cylinder 3. So I replaced the spark plugs and the spark plug coils without any improvement.
  2. When stationary the car is very shakey and it makes it very uncomfortable to sit in. (this goes away when driving)
  3. When driving the car makes a weird numbing noise as if there are coils that are winding.
  4. The cars revs keep dropping when stationary from the normal 750ish to almost 0 and sometimes it just shuts off the engine which is very unpractical at some moments. This also happens when driving slow which makes it almost impossible. (note: I do give enough throttle)

I hope someone can maybe help me understand this. And if these things might be related to each other.

Thanks

2. could be worn engine mounts - maybe the engine is rocking and making the car shake?

3. Have you revved the engine when the car is stationary, to check if the auxiliary belt or another belt is making a noise?

4. I'm not sure if the 1.4 has an Idle Speed Control Valve? If it does, it might need cleaning.

I am guessing! :D

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
It could be the injector on its way out.

Swap cylinder 3 injector over with one of the others and see if the misfire moves.