ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bt vision?

Focus 1.8 TDCi
been offered this tonight and it says its a freeview box where u can record live tv etc just like sky plus...get free setanta aswell...do u get any more channels than normal freeview??

Honda. Tesla Someday
I was a beta tester for BT Vision (as I work for BT) and I can honestly say it is pretty good as a Tivo type box! Sure, its got lots of add-ons etc like channel subscription, on demand content etc, not bad and it will make a good freeview box that has recording functionality like Sky+.

Setanta is free with a certain subscription package I believe.

Get it, if only to use it as a freeview recording box!

Focus 1.8 TDCi
I was a beta tester for BT Vision (as I work for BT) and I can honestly say it is pretty good as a Tivo type box! Sure, its got lots of add-ons etc like channel subscription, on demand content etc, not bad and it will make a good freeview box that has recording functionality like Sky+.

Setanta is free with a certain subscription package I believe.

Get it, if only to use it as a freeview recording box!

thanks for reply...

they defo said that they will give us setanta for free?? its 39.99 a month for broadband, phne line, hub, router, and bt vision with free setanta

do u see any catches??

172 cup
Its w**k! I got the package from them earlier this year.
I now pay for sky+ and the package until the bt vision runs out.
The box is sat redundant in the bedroom.
The signal is rubbish, The 'on demand' type programs dont work properly and the on phone support is even worse than sky!

I really wouldn't bother mate.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Its w**k! I got the package from them earlier this year.
I now pay for sky+ and the package until the bt vision runs out.
The box is sat redundant in the bedroom.
The signal is rubbish, The 'on demand' type programs dont work properly and the on phone support is even worse than sky!

I really wouldn't bother mate.

Signal depends on your aerial mate, not the box... as it does with all freeview boxes. My BT Vision signal is perfect - I have a roof mounted aerial.

My on demand also works flawlessly. Maybe you need another box? Electricals DO go wrong!

Honda. Tesla Someday
thanks for reply...

they defo said that they will give us setanta for free?? its 39.99 a month for broadband, phne line, hub, router, and bt vision with free setanta

do u see any catches??

You will also get BT Anywhere depending on your package.

Anyways, there are loads of good deals out there now, so shopping around really does help.

Virgin is pretty good nowadays, as is Sky. I have found that Sky's broadband isnt the MOST reliable, but all ISP's have issues at one point or another.

£39.99 isnt too bad, but with Virgin, I think you'll be able to get more for that much (I have been impressed by my Sisters Virgin Media service), although Virgins call centres may as well be non-existant!