ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BTCC - Thruxton

Oil Burner
As ever, copied straight from Talk photography so you guys can have a Gander.

It was a weird weekend, using a load of unfamiliar gear, and experimenting with a 1.4 TC. I did find i was taking pretty boring shots on the Sunday and most of my interesting shots were on Saturday.

Anywho, heres the shots:

Your thoughts and any C+C are appreciated.

1. Bogo standard Thruxton shot.

829316637_oazbX-L-2.jpg

2. Bogo standard Plato - kerb shot (I love the Blue Chevrolets)

829316476_5fT2s-L-2.jpg

3. Can you tell?

829316342_XxRUi-L-2.jpg

4. Can he feel the road on 2 wheels?

829316248_CEquE-L-2.jpg

5. It got a Bit damp on Saturday

829317148_W4GZ6-L-2.jpg

6. BTCC Sponsored by who?

829318156_fGXCn-L-2.jpg

7. Good to see something different on the Grid

829316968_nKqPq-L-2.jpg

8. A Ford + some people

829317265_7HKXr-L-2.jpg

9. One of the lovely Chevrolet Grid Girls

829317520_rMgay-L-2.jpg

10. Neal 'overtaking'

829317758_JMnqV-L-2.jpg

11. Worthy Winners

829317930_94tu3-L-2.jpg

Ian

Focus TDCi
#8 is one of my favourite types of motorsport photo, love it. :) Great set Nick, shaping up to be a very good year for you I think! I'm tempted to put up the photo of you in the pitlane from TP lol. :p

Stunning, #8 is indeed a cracker, the crowd adds a great splash of colour to it.

For once I'm quite jealous of the media pass, some awesome but impossible angles for us mere mortals

Oil Burner
Cheers guys, i appreciate it,

Chris, i have alot of respect for the shots you get from spectator side, you take considerably better images than so many of the accredited photographers. And with the way particularly MSV circuits are going i would imagine taking decent/interesting photos is getting more and more difficult. Only catch to being trackside is that when you start to build up clients and people depending on you, it remove a bit of the fun/adds a pressure to produce, which in turn i find makes my photography pretty boring.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
awesome stuff buddy. i need to chase up my media pass for the drift event at silverstone this sat, as although i have been granted one they still havent sent me any details about deposits for tabbards/ media parking/ sign on times etc

Oil Burner
Cheers Gaz + James

James, Most media applications get looked at late monday, you will usually have the tickets by tuesday/wednesday. Although i've received them as late as Friday.

I will send you over a compressed folder of this selection of images for the site.

Cheers guys, i appreciate it,

Chris, i have alot of respect for the shots you get from spectator side, you take considerably better images than so many of the accredited photographers. And with the way particularly MSV circuits are going i would imagine taking decent/interesting photos is getting more and more difficult. Only catch to being trackside is that when you start to build up clients and people depending on you, it remove a bit of the fun/adds a pressure to produce, which in turn i find makes my photography pretty boring.

Catch 22 really, better access but working to a spec, or no access and doing what you like!

It is getting tougher and tougher, Combe for example has about 70-80% more fencing this year than when I started 3 years ago, I also hear Brands has lost my favourite angle (Surtees).

Thruxton is my last great hope really, thankfully the majority of angles I enjoy there would never need fencing anyway (not that that would stop them eventually, Combe has gained some incredibly bizarre fencing locations lately)

On the plus side I'm enjoying the racing more, put my camera away for the majority of races at Combe on Monday, surprisingly enjoyable!

Oil Burner
Yeh, if your enjoying it then stick with it. I only shot 1 Ginetta junior Race and the 3 BTCC Races on Sunday, i spent the rest of the time editing/watching races. BSB was very different as unfortunately i seem to have bikes in nearly every class, most of which i need to shoot to simply maintain my pass. But i don't think i will be doing BSB again in a hurry, such a pain to get accreditation. And at the end of the day, it is bikes...

1.2 Dynamique billabong
ukaskew there is a third option, become part of the team at asphaltassault.co.uk, get media access but shoot for yourself ie no pressures for editors / deadlines etc. :)

cheers nick, probably wont get a chance to upload them til sat, i started my new job today so its good bye to all my free time lol