ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bucket Seats For The Track.....

CTR--VX220D
Im currently looking for some buckets for the 172....

I really want some Corbeau Revolutions.

CORB-REV1E-B.jpg
CORB-REV1E-R.jpg

But I have read they are an absolute pig to fit - no easy mounting frames for the clio! Plus they sit too low.

Any other buckets with side head protection flanges that have direct fitting subframes for the Clio???

Thanks

Chris

:D

R35 GTR
christurbo said:
Think I might get the Cobra Imolas - do the side frames frit straight into the Clio?

you have to buy subframes, if you want you can get the ultra low ones, but after sitting in some i think they are too low.

BMW 525d Sport
youve got to ask urslef whethrr or not anyone else will need to drive your car? the above seats are fixed using side mounts, which bolt directly to the floor, no adjustments once they are in, we have modified a few sets for customers by the use of slider frames underneath which will inturn also raise the height.
best prices on corbeau seats.............

www.powartek.com

Ad

MK2 FRS
Dave3141 said:
you could always buy one and leave the passenger seat to allow access to rear as well....

could always buy a set of CS and sell them for £300 profit.

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5 Audi TT
They are an absolute pig to fit. I fitted some in my old 5GTT, it was a nightmare (probably because i had had no experience in fitting things like this before!). They were uncomfortabe to sit and drive in for anything more than an hour, i remember the backaches well. However they grip you like you would not believe and look very, very cool. Just really think about what you will be using the car for as you will have no rear seat access and long journeys become a bit of a painful chore.

CTR--VX220D
Thanks for the replies.

you could always buy one and leave the passenger seat to allow access to rear as well....

This is for a fun/track 172... so no people in the back.... although I will need 2 x seats as I will want to take pass rides!

They are an absolute pig to fit

Nick - were they the Corbeau Revs that you were on about??? Ive heard they are far to low... even to look over the steering wheel!

youve got to ask urslef whethrr or not anyone else will need to drive your car? the above seats are fixed using side mounts, which bolt directly to the floor, no adjustments once they are in,

I will be the only person driving it - but would like some sort of adjustability....

.... I had a PM of someone on here who has Cobra Imola's which are connected to side mounts - which are connected to a Cobra slider..........!?

It looks like I might be going for the Imola's - they look superb. I had a look at the Cobra Monaco's - After getting out of my CTR's alcantara recliners they felt like they were made out of scraps :rolleyes: So I take it you pay's your money!

BTW .... I drove a round trip of a 120miles to Tweeks today only to find them shut on Sundays!!!! :S :rasp:

Any other suggestions ????

NickM5c

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M5 Audi TT
Yes it was the Revolutions. It took me a whole weekend of trial and error getting those things to fit and when they were finally in i could literally not see over the steering wheel! I had to fabricate myself some mounts to raise the seats up. This meant that i then had to go and buy longer bolts to compensate for the extra height. It is worth bearing in mind that i also had to drill out the existing mounting points on the car to make the seats fit using the new bolts so once they were in there was no chance of replacing them with the original seats. As mentioned above there is no adjustment either once they are in although you can unscrew the seats (4 nuts i think), move them back or forward on the supplied Corbeau mounts and re-fit them. Looking back i have to say that they did spoil my enjoyment of the car. They were just so uncomfortable - there is virtually no padding on the lower back and butt areas and if your car has stiff suspension you will feel each and every bump.

If you can live with the fact that you may not be able to replace your original seats (mine were fitted to a 5GT so it may be different in the Clio) and the pain they cause on long journeys then go for it. Like i said the support they provide is unbelievable and everyone who saw them thought they looked awesome - it just comes at a price. Good luck!

R35 GTR

ant

yep.
Dave3141 said:
they sold did they.hmmmm, anyone care to use common sense and realise that was a fake bidder

a fake bidder?

jeez............some people have no morals. Give you £200 for 'em.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
hence the £200...... and not £370

i wasn't trying to make a quick buck.......

Last edited:

ant

yep.
I wouldnt piss on you if you were on fire mate.

dont you worry yourself mwwaaahh hugs and xxxxxxxx.