ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bucket seats with standard seatbelts

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
I'm getting my Corbeau Clubsports next week but I'm not getting harnesses just yet, does anyone have a decent solution for running standard seatbelts? Obviously the anchor, buckle clip thing ( i dont what know what the correct term is ) will come out with the standard seats, so I need something to put my belt into.

I've seen a couple of people using something like this bolted to the subframe https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-...m=172832033675&_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042

But it looks like it would get in the way or would rattle around if it's not long enough.

Does anyone have any other solutions?

Cheers!

It can't rattle around when you've got your belt on as there's tension on it.

I used something similar when I fitted clubsports, but instead of the plate I had a harness clip that went onto an eyelet through the seat subframes.

Dug out a photo from a thread

0af155f4-a299-407c-a0d9-ae8e546108f4-jpeg.1355050

ad47dccb-35a7-4b4d-bc0e-020578243be7-jpeg.1355051

Just realised you've already messaged me about them actually!

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
Yes I did haha, I cant find anything like that with a buckle to extend the length, so just a bit stuck with what to do.
I've seen people use a seat belt stalk bolted to the side mount but i didnt know how safe this would be given that the seat is fibre glass

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
Yeah this is the kind of thing I'm looking at, I'm assuming that a bolt through the tunnel is the most secure? It's only temporary so might just buy some of these until I get my harnesses

S-Max & Mk7 GTi
I’ve just had the email confirmation that my Clubsports are being delivered tomorrow, it’s been a long 8 week wait. Can’t wait to get them fitted on Saturday.

S-Max & Mk7 GTi
Getting mine next Friday, took the day off, cant wait for it to rain so I cant fit them XD

It’s bound to rain on Saturday for me, I’ve waited what seems like forever and now everything’s coming at once, seats, rollcage, harnesses, pro race 1.2 & tyres! I have a full day of Clio tinkering pencilled in can’t wait.

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R

Looked at both of these and according to the description neither of these will fit my seatbelt tongue, as it's the wrong dimensions, still struggling to find anything.

Matt123roll do you know where you got yours or who made them?

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
oh really? I'll give them a go then, can always send them back, cheers man

Second option he listed was similar to what I used. You may find they’re a little long and the belt clio ends up actually in the middle of the bucket west.