ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bucket seats

Quote: Originally posted by madmax on 20 July 2004

i dont know where the hanbrake side harness mounts would bolt on to, subframes possibly ?

should , ideally , be bolted through the floor pan with plates on the underside , that way in the event of an accident the belts will hold both you and the seat....

depends how handy you are with a drill - just make sure you use a big plate underneath or the bolt will pull through in an impact

Have you removed rear seats?

I didnt drill anything, just used the bolts from the old seatbelts on both sides, and the rear seatbelt clip bolts.

yeah my rear seats have gone have u got any pictures of this, i read inm the haynes book that it is a bad idea to drill your own holes and you will fail your mot ?

Havent got any pictures, will try and get some for you. But neither have i put my buckets in yet, and the clip next to the handbrake is actually connected to the seat. Ill have a look for you tonight.

Cobra subframes come wiht a bracket to take the handbrake side of the harness, the other two piints mount to the esitinf seatbelt points, on in the back seats and one by the rear outsdie corner of the seat.

You dont wanna be making your own mounting points, it took car engineers ages to make seatbelt mounting oints simply cus of the forces your body is under in a crash.

I would NEVER make my own seatbelt mounting points, wiht well designed seats and subframes there should be no need to

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 20 July 2004

Cobra subframes come wiht a bracket to take the handbrake side of the harness, the other two piints mount to the esitinf seatbelt points, on in the back seats and one by the rear outsdie corner of the seat.

You dont wanna be making your own mounting points, it took car engineers ages to make seatbelt mounting oints simply cus of the forces your body is under in a crash.

I would NEVER make my own seatbelt mounting points, wiht well designed seats and subframes there should be no need to

you been reading the clio max manual then ......

I know whos seat id rather be in in a shunt ;)

yeah but like one of the previous posts to this topic said the idea is to hold you and the seat in place if the mounting point is on the seat then it wont do this !

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

standard mounting points are one on the subframe, and one on the side of the car.

the mounts iv made are made from original clio mounting points, that have been taken off the OE seats and welded to the subframes and bolted straight through the floor. They fit exactly as normal mounting points fit.

They are as sturdy as they come! I try not to do things by halves :)

altho the scelotape to the floor pan was the backup plan ;)

Quote: Originally posted by david16v on 20 July 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 20 July 2004

<SCRIPT language=javascript>

you been reading the clio max manual then ......

I know whos seat id rather be in in a shunt ;)
Well after hitting a lampost sideways in mine at 30 mph, and walking away wiht no injurues cept whiplash, i know whos id be in too

still rather be in mine m8......must be that FIA roll cage thats screwed to the chassis that makes me feel safe then ;)

with 18 holes drilled through the floor !!!!!!! as not recommended by haynes

Im baling out of this subject now.........................

Got my harnesses yesterday and had the same problem of where to put the lap part lol!

gotta wait for my subframes to see if we can attach them to that! dear oh dear hehe thats another 2 weeks!