ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buckets & Harnesses Fitted - 172 Hybrid + Mini Meet Today.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
With the help of ben_p and Fred i fitted my buckets on Saturday as well as my Sabelt harnesses and pads.
Thanks to the lower driving position it feels like a different car, like a kart!

Only thing i have to get used to is getting in the car without looking like a tart.
I left the rear seats in for now, and mounted the harnesses from the rear seatbelt lugs.

Comments welcome as always!

944340c2.jpg

dd7269e1.jpg

ae2564cf.jpg

127ecb0c.jpg

Chris

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
smart mate, very!!

get it stripped for the proper effect. will look good with the buckets :D

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Adams_16v said:
smart mate, very!!

get it stripped for the proper effect. will look good with the buckets :D

The seats will be coming out as soon as iv sorted out a false floor. I'm going to carpet it all out like Freds and Cupcakes old one.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
carbon copy said:
No, they are one subframes that slide but don't tilt.

REALLY low though.

:)

interesting, its one part of the cup thats not the best, general look/hold of the seats and posision, i was/am looking at recliners (SP) but i dont have many people in the back often.

how easy is it for rear passengers?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
gt_gaz said:
interesting, its one part of the cup thats not the best, general look/hold of the seats and posision, i was/am looking at recliners (SP) but i dont have many people in the back often.

how easy is it for rear passengers?

i can't take any rear passengers mate, i used the rear seatbelt mounts for the harnesses. The seats are just there for bit of insulation from my exhaust on the motorway. lol

Chris

2005 Impreza WRX STI
should have got some 'proper' buckets u tight git!;) still look nice though! my mate had a set a while back and were uncomfy...what they feel like to u? will look miles better when stripped out!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
doesn't look right to me, plus they will be far less comfortable than the original seats. Either go the whole hog and strip the lot and change the steering wheel, or leave the interior as it is

Ad

MK2 FRS
I think it looks mint and wil be much better than current seats. interested to know how you find the comfort??

Do they feel much lower???

320d
Look good mate get those rears out

Agree with Clart about the steering wheel a small square wheel would look class and compliment the short shifter nicely

MKIII 138
im looking into seats at the mo but even though i will never have anyone in the rear (ohh err missus :D) i usually sleep in my car on a dinner time to give me energy at work sometimes i recline but i can do without. problem is i dont want them too low as cup seats go low enough for me (in fact i think they go lower than the 172MKII i had before) also want the ride confort to be decent upto a 30mile journey.

how the comfort. and can you still use the standard belts for those times you give your mum/granny a lift to the shops

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Next weekend i am taking out the rear seats and carpeting it all out.
Just ordered a Sparco 'Ring' suede steering wheel, so that will be going on too.
As for the comfort, they seem great, there is just the right amount of padding but not too much. I'm a skinny bar steward though. ;)

And no, you cant use the standard belts with them. The clip is on the original seats for you need some bad-ass harnesses. :)

thanks for the comments ppl.

Valver..
buckets lookin sweet dude! m8 had them in his pug mega comfortable i fort! and u do feel like u r in a Kart...

Meggy225
Buckets are great Chris!

what wheels are on the '53 reg 172, they really suit the car?

I'll have to come along to one of the mini meets sometime, I'm only in Ashton, Wigan.

Gaz.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
wtf, bucket seats and comfort, the whole point is to loose weight, sat on the floor pan and glued in...if you want comfort, shove a flannel under your @rse!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
cliomadness said:
Buckets are great Chris!

what wheels are on the '53 reg 172, they really suit the car?

I'll have to come along to one of the mini meets sometime, I'm only in Ashton, Wigan.

Gaz.

They came on my 172 when i bought it. Swapped them for my old 172 Mk2 wheels that are on dutty_112's car. Then me and dutty_112 swapped, madness.

yeah...they are BK 121's. James refurbed them in gunmetal with a polished lip.

K20 EG Hatch
looking good :)
whats happening with ur original interior? pm me if its for sale with detials please?
cheers

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Dan Page said:
looking good :)
whats happening with ur original interior? pm me if its for sale with detials please?
cheers

Nope, sorry mate. I'm keeping it for resale purposes. Gonna get it dry-stored for now.

106 GTi
Seats look good, steering wheel change is a good choice as it looks out of place now.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Where you buy the seats from mate?? Demon tweeks?? See your not that far from me in warrington, so wonder if it was anywhere more local.

Also what you done with the airbag lights??

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Hi,

bought the seats from ben_p, also from Warrington.

You can get the airbag light extinguished at Renault but i might as well wait till i get the wheel now too as i'll only have to go back again!...bloody airbags.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Not for me like, you mite as well hav bought a cup??? Uncomfy...But sure as long as ur chuft!
Ali

MKIII 138
ben_p said:
wtf, bucket seats and comfort, the whole point is to loose weight, sat on the floor pan and glued in...if you want comfort, shove a flannel under your @rse!

lol justifying the extreme discomfort.

Ad

MK2 FRS
carbon copy said:
Hi,

bought the seats from ben_p, also from Warrington.

You can get the airbag light extinguished at Renault but i might as well wait till i get the wheel now too as i'll only have to go back again!...bloody airbags.

2nd hand or new?? Will renault just reprogramme it so light isnt on?? Ny ideas of cost on that??
Cheers
Adam

CLIO
was good to meet up again as always,just wish i could of stuck round abit longer tho,had to get back to make a start on the bathroom lol..bloody women

cheers james

Apart from the back bumper, your car is going the way I would have done mine if I was keeping it.

Motor is getting tidied up and then going onto Autotrader.

Upgrading to a flat, mate.