ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Budget rallying. Ph1 172

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
Hi there

i have some friends working with a ph1 as a rally car

they have 182 shocks on it currently but want a cheap way to raise the height.

They have asked me if diesel springs off a 1.5d would help until they are sorted for something more permanent

tar

phil

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
From a road rally point of view I have used diesel car springs on a few of my previous cars and it's a reasonable option.
I haven't done it with a clio but would probably work like the rest.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
My cup did 3 rough road rallies on standard cup suspension and I found that pretty good, just make sure there is a good sump guard and protect the fuel and brake lines as I tried to rip mine off.

172 Cup
I use bilstein coilovers with 9" springs, sits perfect with a small amount of spring preload. I found the standard height slightly too low.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Ive been doing sprints and hillclimbs for the last 2 years so smooth tarmac and it's got koni adjustable dampers and eibach sportline springs. Too firm and twitchy for road rallies.

Audi (R)S2, 1.6 16v
Cut off the spring seats and weld them higher up or take spares off some old shocks and weld them to the shocks, with the OE seats as a guide. Should see 20mm or more.