ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Budget Springs

Clio Cup
Hi there all

Im building somewhat of a budget track car and was wondering why budget springs "apex" "Gmax" get Slated on here

id like to know the spring rates but finding those out is proving fairly difficult

Did a search and all that came back was "get cooksport , eibach loads better" ill be coupling them to adjustable shocks and rarely if ever using the car on the road - So why is this the case constantly is it a brand thing? surely one set of wound metal bar cant be much different from another

I dont want wicked lows man innit , i want a fairly predictable and consistent car for me and some mates to have some fun with

Also Keep reading that Apex are harsh , is that because people are running them with standard shocks on road cars ?

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
They are only £20-30 cheaper than Cooksports though - so I'd rather spend that little extra for a better quality product.

Clio Cup
Im not talking about cost , take the out of the equation for a bit

im talking what "makes" them better does costing 20-30 more make them better

What makes them a better quality product