ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Budget tyres for 182

Clio 182
Need to do all 4 tyres this month, I currently have pilot 3s I think however I cant afford to spend £450 on tyres (its only used as my misses work vehicle and pottering about on a weekend) been searching online and seen the camskill £58 uniroyal rainsport 3s which seem to be ideal but was ideally looking at somewhere to fit them at the same time (not sure how much garages usually charge for fitting externally bought tyres) any recommendations?

Cheers

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
www.tyretraders.co.uk if you're still shopping for rubber"Local garages" not quickfit, usually charge £10 per tyre, balanced and new valve may be a bit more if you want them to fit them on the car.

ST
This is something i'll never understand, regardless what a vehicle is used for or who drives it, the tyres are the only thing in contact with the road, if it was my misses' car i wouldn't think twice when it comes to her safety, cheap tyres can mean the difference of the car ending up on its roof in a ditch when evasive action needs to be taken to avoid an accident/animal/object on the road or spending that little bit extra fitting Michelin's or Continental's for the reassurance that the driver/passengers and vehicle are going to be safer on the road.

Civic FN2 Track Car
This is something i'll never understand, regardless what a vehicle is used for or who drives it, the tyres are the only thing in contact with the road, if it was my misses' car i wouldn't think twice when it comes to her safety, cheap tyres can mean the difference of the car ending up on its roof in a ditch when evasive action needs to be taken to avoid an accident/animal/object on the road or spending that little bit extra fitting Michelin's or Continental's for the reassurance that the driver/passengers and vehicle are going to be safer on the road.

Agreed

172 rag
Please dont..
I have at the front Marshall kh35 with production date 2013 which are ok in the soaking wet with good directional grip (but understeer to infinity with no return ticket)
the conti at the back though that are at the limit and made in 2009 are still superior..
2 nylon +1 polyester is like having your wheels covered in black bags..
Avoid budget tyres

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Check price of Kumho KU31 if they are still available or the KU39, usually very cheap and excellent performance for the money!

Rainsport 3s would be a good shout too. Also check Avon ZV5 and Falken 914s.

I wouldn't be going any cheaper than that really.

Listerine & Poledo
usual CS debate.

Yes, more expensive tyres will give you better grip in emergencies but where do you stop?

"Eh noes! The missus' Ford Ka needs new tyres, must get legal cut-slicks just so she doesn't pile it!"

When the Advans on Listerine give out, I'll be getting Uniroyal Rainsports, which seem the best balance between 'performance' and cost.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
@ ShaneA I've no experience of the Rainsport 3's as yet , been running Rainsport 2's though for a couple of years and they are excellent in the wet and dry , probably even better than the PE2's in the wet imo . Bearing in mind we live in a country with a pretty wet climate , most of the year round , the Rainsports are the ones i'd go with . I'll be replacing the Rainsport 2's with the 3's when the time comes .

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member

This

Toyo T1Rs
Might help if you say where you are based.
... so we can see which ditch it'll end up in.

100% !

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Just smash some Linglongs on and have at it. After all you'll be saving nearly £40 over a set of Maxxis MA-Z1 (which is the cheapest I'd ever go).

is1

Integra Type R DC2

I take the point but it's not about cheap, it's about the tyre itself. The emphasis shouldn't be that if you spend more, you are safer etc.
Uniroyal Rainsport 3s are cheap and very, very good as a balanced road tyre in the UK.

ST
I don't doubt that. But when you actually say 'budget tyres' it gives the impression if 'linglong' and 'nankang'.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
There has to be balance in everything...to say you are an idiot if you don't spend the absolute most you can on a tyre is ridiculous.

I suppose those that do insist their missus drives around wearing a crash helmet as well for that extra element of safety just in case?

If not, why not?

Clio 182
Toyo T1r's are pants. Iv tried them on the Williams and skyline they are a poor tyre with too soft a side wall.
After much tyre swapping over the years im now going for....... wait for it........ Nankang NSII with the sporty V tread. I use them on the Skyline and williams also the misses car thats how much I like them
Really good price off Camskill.

Clio 182
Only seen one mention of kumho on this discussion , yet generally they seem to well thought of googling them. I am thinking of fitting 4 ku39 205/45r16 on the cup alloys .

any advise / opinions would be appreciated as not had the 182 long.

Black 172
Had uniroyal RS3's fitted on my 172 Saturday morning at my local tyre fitters. £300 all in @ 195/45/16.

Not scrubbed yet, but impressed with them immediately. Previously running P-zero's.

Call round your local fitters, sure the online places are the cheapest for tyres only, but youll end up paying more with fitting etc.

182 Cup, DC2, E500
Kumho KU39 Sport LE are quite superb. I had them on my E60 525i Sport (to rid the horrible runflats) and currently have them on my DC2 Integra. I honestly can't really fault them. Some pals have done BMW track days aswell without issue.

The PS3's on my 182 are however superb.