ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bugger, torn tyre, Q for u all

don't
bugger, got to work, locked car, then looked down and thought EH whats going on here

tyre appears to be slightly torn, it was fairly worn anyway but still legal so I was thinking of changing it for xmas, so now I have to :)

anyway,

I'm on 17" alloys with 205/40 R17 tyres all round

basically, my rear left tyre rubs on my arch lip, a tiny bit with 2 ppl in the back over bumps, so would i get away with fitting 195/40 R17 to this one tyre, the change is small but would that still fit on the alloy ok as its used to 205/40s, car is a 306 gti6 btw not a clio

as for the tyre, i set out and it was fine, i think I know where its torn though, you know the road surfacing thats quite rough and takes rubber off your tyres if you slow or turn to much on it, well theres a fast corner just before work with that road surface, so I'm guessing with the weight on that tyre, it tore it to pieces :-(

anyway, can anyone answer my question

don't
yea only seems to be premium tyres that do it

so i'm just getting a 205/40 after work

stupid british crap roads ripping my tyre apart :-(, ohwell nice new tyre for xmas and that tyre was more worn than the rest anyway so at least its that one thats gone