ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bulbs

Renault Clio
I like the look of both the white LED and the blue LED bulbs for the front lights. Does anyone have any pictures of them turned on on their car? Also where's the cheapest place to get them? Do they fit the standard lights? I don't have xenons.

Renault Clio
I know I sound really stupid but I haven't got a clue about the lights, I haven't started driving yet. Am I right in saying that there's head-lights and side-lights on the front? If so, if I change the side-lights to white LED lights, won't the head-lights still be standard yellowish? If so doesn't that look odd? I really need this explaining please. You don't learn unless you ask.

Clio 182 Cup
if you get the wihte led bulbs then yes it just looks abit wierd but thats when you get some headlight bulbs as well to match

AK

M240i
Can pick up some brilliant white headlights and bright white sidelights from halford/ebay..

Changing one and not the other will leave a horrible (imo) yellowish glow next to the white..

Osrama nightbreaks (i think) are what people seem to rate on here..

Renault Clio
Have you even started taking lessons yet?

Well that helps me understand :eek:

if you get the wihte led bulbs then yes it just looks abit wierd but thats when you get some headlight bulbs as well to match

Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks mate.

Can pick up some brilliant white headlights and bright white sidelights from halford/ebay..

Changing one and not the other will leave a horrible (imo) yellowish glow next to the white..

Osrama nightbreaks (i think) are what people seem to rate on here..

I see, how much are they by the way? For both the headlights and sidelights? Thanks.

Clio 182 Cup
here :)

DSC00029.jpg

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

3 Series touring
yepp nightbreakers are great bulbs, had mine in for ages and no complaints, you see an instant difference, brilliant white ...just dont expect a blue tinge

AK

M240i
Your sidelights are always on when your lights are on..

There is no point updating your Main beam as it's hardly ever used tbh.

Renault Clio
Your sidelights are always on when your lights are on..

There is no point updating your Main beam as it's hardly ever used tbh.

Oh. I thought the main beam was the one you used when it's late at night and when visibility is reduced?

AK

M240i
Dipped beams are the normal lights you put on at night iirc

Main/Full beam are the ones you flash people with etc..

AK

M240i
If H7 will fit your car (i don't know the sizes)..

Dipped beam and full beam are 2 separate bulbs.

Dipped beam = the one you put on when it gets dark ;)

Full beam = the one you flash folk with.

Renault Clio
Well my car is a 53 plate but it was registered in 04, so I'm not sure which to put for the year. Either way it's H7 for an 03 and HV for an 04. It's only the main beam that's different and I'm not buying the main beam bulbs yet. Thanks for the help.

Renault Clio
Well the headlights came yesterday but I'm still waiting for the sidelights so I can't really say how it will look when they're all fitted yet.

Renault Clio
I'm a little bit disappointed. The sidelights are a lot more "whiter" than the headlights. In my opinion the headlights are actually more yellow than white still.

The only way to get a properly white light is HIDs. I had a set of ULTRA headlight bulbs, they were very bluey/white looking, but the light was pish.

Clio 182FF
Am I right in saying if you have Xenon's you only need to upgrade main/full beam and the side lights and leave dipped/low beam alone?

G51 BEN
dipped is technically the main beam ie. the beam you use at night time.

the actual main beam is never used to be honest.
if you were to upgrade the lights then i would say upgrade the dipped ones as these are used the most

Am I right in saying if you have Xenon's you only need to upgrade main/full beam and the side lights and leave dipped/low beam alone?

There's no real need to upgrade the main beams when you have xenons tbh, rarely need them. You can change the sidelights, but it's very hard to get a set which give out the same colour of light as standard Clio xenons (4300k), you're better off just taking them out. My "white" LED sidelights are a little less blue than my 8000k xenons.