This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Good prep work is essential! I've done my door strips on my mk3, rushed it a bit, turned out s**t, they need re-doing. Did my rear bump strips today, top job I'd say!
Need to get better photos tomorrow
Sand them down to get rid of any texture. I started with 100 grit, then used 1500 as that's all I had. 300~ will be fine though. 2 coats of primer. Sand down with a nice high. I used 1500 again. 2 coats of colour, leaving to dry about 30 minutes between coats. Give it a good wet rub down
Then one final coat of colour, rub down, 2 coats of clear gloss lacquer! Top job!