ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bumper cutting to fit exhaust

Car  1.5 dci 106 Clio
I fancy getting a new exhaust on my car to add a little bit of sound to my car (nothing chavvy).

I want it to fit in the bumper and want to know where the best place to go to do this and an idea of how much it will cost!?

Regards..
Ste
 
Easy to cut it yourself. Line the exhaust up loose and mark where the cut needs to be... then I would use an exhaust surround from a car of your choice (182 ones look good) as a template. Cut away a small amount of material at a time, checking against the surround as you go.
 
I wouldn't let powerflow near my car! Their company name is a joke and the work of theirs on a mates car offered no flow and no power!

Use a fresh junior hacksaw cutting a little bit a time as suggested above.
 
Need a company to do this for me! All I need to do is look at a car and I can break it!!!

Thanks for your help! I'll look into it in my area!
 
TBF it's a tough one as I wouldn't let my local exhaust place near my car with a saw and I wouldn't expect a body shop to be fitting an exhaust (although the latter is probably your best bet).
 
Ive always wondered about this, Personally.. not sure weather its a 100% good idea would use a dremel, with a cut off wheel, to do a rough edge then use a suitable file to round it up...

A jigsaw might be alright but they are fast... probs better with a fine teethed blade
 
jigsaw will be too ruff and f**k it up big time...

have to remember if you start breaking the piant..(i.e) cracking it your gonna be pisssd.

i new it wasnt a job that would easy to do so i paid to have it done proper...think about it really.....
 
I think it would be possible with 2 people, masking up the paint and a fine jigsaw blade, trouble is they are fast... but the air tools body shops use for cutting plastic etc are fast too i would imagine

Just thought it through a few times as id try and install a recessed exhaust on my own with help if i ever got one.... probably :rasp:
 
Back
Top