ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bumper kissed a wall...

SLK 350
Well this morning rushing my girlfriend to work, i managed to crunch the corner of my bumper on the corner of driveway wall. The result is a scar verticalled down the bumper and its also creased on the left behind the wheel where it meets the rear wing. Luckily theres no damage to my wing/arch and its purely the bumper.

So now im wondering:

A - If it can be fixed.
B - How much a new bumper would be?
C - Where the best place to locate a rear bumper in Iceberg silver is?
D - If B/C would be cheaper than A.

The car is a 172 on a 53 plate. Really pissed me off at the time, stupidly didn't adjust me wing mirror after it being moved and being the clown i am i managed to fleece myself.

Any help appreciated, and ill try and get some pictures up.

Cheers people

SLK 350
DSC00714.jpg

DSC00715.jpg

DSC00716.jpg

DSC00717.jpg

Great huh! :(

SLK 350
No mate, its the picture angle. Its actually the bumper that is 'bent' the 4th picture is the same area from reverse angle. Its just where the bumper sweeps around the side, but im guessing theres a retainer clip behind it and its folded around that point.

Farking ball ache though as im not paid until May 15th now, so need to get it sorted out in an affordable manner - which is why im hoping someone on here has a spare Iceberg bumper behind their sofa, or that Matt Black can maybe source something el cheapo.

Also managed to get a ding on my bonnet this week on the way back off holiday from the Lakes, expensive week although i was going to get a front end respray this summer anyway to make it spanking again.

Punto/Clio GTT
can be repaired piece of piss mate, had worser scratches on my dick :p

price? probly 150-200 all in, best to take it off n heat up back into shape

Punto/Clio GTT
yea, dont bother with a big bodyshop, take it to a small one that will whack it out the same day, they might do it for under 150

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Nasty. I've got a small reg plate screw mark in mine where some stupid women nudged me. Even more stupid was me for just saying "it's alright", thinking I could touch it up. Only later noticed that she had creased the bumper from the middle to the right hand side. Hard to see until the car was polished up.

SLK 350
Just wondering how they would go about straightening out the crease and that though, would it be simply sanding, filling and then repainting it?

Also wondering how much a bumper would cost me off a car with some front end damage, whats the going rate for a bumper from a scrappy, anybody know?

Cheers.

Punto/Clio GTT
the actual slight indent and scratch will just be prepped and fillered, primed and sprayed, the part where it sticks out to the tailgate along the edge will need to be heated up with hot ait gun or heater, pushed back into place and left to cool down, easier with bumper off

SLK 350
Cheers lad.

Any idea what these go for from the scrappy then?

And am i right in saying its £160 for a new bumper?

RB 200 Cup!
f**king renaults - as much as i love em the slightest knock and they crease up like a b**ch! sorry to see damage to a nice car mate - might be cheaper finding a second hand bumper than gettin it repaired

Punto/Clio GTT
i thought 160 was a little cheap lol,
could probably get a sperias part (non genuine) for 200
definatly repair it

SLK 350
Got a quote today from Chipsaway. The guy said it would be circa £100 for the bumper paint repair.

Sounds pretty reasonable and he guarantees that it won't be at all visible (i'll have that in writing please) and can be done in 2-3 hours.

Think i'm going to leave it though until i get paid this month, as its pretty minor in the scheme of things, just dented my pride for being such a tool.

Anybody know of any good bodyshops around Hinckley?

Phoned all the usual places SRB and Cliospares, also contacted Matt Black about a new bumper but nowhere has them in stock. Pain in the arse!

So if anybody see's a bumper on eBay or has one for sale, let me know.

Cheers :)