ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bumper Refinishing / Respray

Clio Sport 182
Has anyone had their bumper re-finished? I've got few little scuffs I want filling out and respraying.

What are the usual costs? Do they get the paint the right colour?

Ta

Yeah, they'll get it right, unless you go to a sh*t place.

You'd be looking at about £150 or so to have it done. That would include removing & re fitting the bumper etc.

If you want a quality job, you'll be looking at atleast £250 +VAT just to paint it and take out the defects, and then by the hour to remove and refit.

Arctic isnt a problem colour.

Thanks Cat - So roughly, I'm looking at around 300 + VAT for front and back?

Cheers
Depends, they might do it for less especially as they'll have got the paint & the car is there etc.

If you want a quality job, you'll be looking at atleast £250 +VAT just to paint it and take out the defects, and then by the hour to remove and refit.

Arctic isnt a problem colour.
That price is nuts imo for one bumper.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I removed and refitted my ph1 rear bumper and got Chris @ Autocrash to paint it.

£150 cash boom. :cool:

Yep its nuts i agree, absolutely off the scale stupid, i only do it day in, day out.......and unless you want to do the proper job and then work for nothing......thats the price......for a bumper that needs work before painting. It allows for paying your dues to the tax man, and the sort of bulls**t you find under the existing paint.......we dont even fill 9/10 scuff's that come in on bumpers to us from ph2 clios, most times they can be sanded out as they are made out of very thick material the clio bumpers and removal of the defect wont comprimise the strength, but i make that call on seeing it.

The amount of poor f*ckers these days that come in having had a bumper respray cheap 12months ago, to only have failing paint all over now is on the increase thats for sure. I always ask, how much were you charged, "only a £100" they say , "he removed and refitted and did it in a day", WTF do you expect.........now look at your bill lol.

By the time you've p*ssed around with the rusted to hell under tray bolts, bumper bolts, drilled the under tray rivits out, removed all the plastics from the bumper, cleaned it up properly theres probably 3+ hours gone and ive not even started prepping.

Depends, they might do it for less especially as they'll have got the paint & the car is there etc.

That price is nuts imo for one bumper.

Last edited:

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Out of interest how much for the front bumper, bonnet and wings Simon?

A

Yep its nuts i agree, absolutely off the scale stupid, i only do it day in, day out.......and unless you want to do the proper job and then work for nothing......thats the price......for a bumper that needs work before painting. It allows for paying your dues to the tax man, and the sort of bulls**t you find under the existing paint.......we dont even fill 9/10 scuff's that come in on bumpers to us from ph2 clios, most times they can be sanded out as they are made out of very thick material the clio bumpers and removal of the defect wont comprimise the strength, but i make that call on seeing it.

The amount of poor f*ckers these days that come in having had a bumper respray cheap 12months ago, to only have failing paint all over now is on the increase thats for sure. I always ask, how much were you charged, "only a £100" they say , "he removed and refitted and did it in a day", WTF do you expect.........now look at your bill lol.

By the time you've p*ssed around with the rusted to hell under tray bolts, bumper bolts, drilled the under tray rivits out, removed all the plastics from the bumper, cleaned it up properly theres probably 3+ hours gone and ive not even started prepping.
Fair play.

I know a fair few proper places who have been in business for many many years & none of them charge what you do. But I'm sure I could find one who did.