ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bunters ph1 track car

Ph1 Clio 172
Hi guys picked up this Clio 172 phase 1 off a mate it's was sat in the back of his garage for about 5 years then sat out side his workshop for about a year so it's not bin started in 6 years. The car as only done 50k miles and full Renault service history as my mate owns a body shop who is Renault aproved so the car as bin looked after in the past. I took interest in this car after I went on a track day with my Audi A3 and I was getting done by this (shitty Clio ) 172 and the noise it made every time it past me on the corners and the way it stuck to the track it had me hooked so I went down to my mate garage made him a offer for the Clio that I never even notice was there he let me have the car for scrap money (£120) the wheels were worth more then that. I plan to make a track car but first get it running am hoping I can learn a lot off this forum and get some good input :up:

Ph1 Clio 172
image.jpg

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Bargain.

I'd get the belts changed asap too, being left to stand for years they've probably perished.

Ph1 Clio 172
I don't even no if it will run yet am going to have a good look over it in the morning see wot she needs and try to get her running I ain't no mechanic and I will be doing most of the work myself I've had a few renaults so I no the ins and outs about them

Ph1 Clio 172
Had a good look over the car sat day the car is in good shape my mate owns the body shop were the car as bin sat for so long so he had a good look over it with me and only a few issues, it needs new disks and pads a good service and battery belts and a good clean. I've ordered all the parts I need to carry out the work I will be doing most of the work myself the belts I will get them done at a garage.
I started stripping the car out looking for rust spots as I go nothing to serious yet:fearscream: it's very time consuming as I took my time taking all the parts out I didn't really get a lot done but as its down the body shop am getting a few bits painted black
  1. Wing mirrors
  2. Renault badges
  3. Fog inserts
  4. Fuel cap
  5. Back window wiper blank