ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burning smell of oil 04 182

Clio 172 Cup
Hi guys just had my Clio 182 an oil and filter change along with a few minor jobs done. Since having it back keep getting a reoccurring oil smell through the vents car is running absolutely perfect and no warning lights. Run for a bit now thinking it may have been unspent oil somewhere but it smells like an A reg metro !!!

Car is completely standard no mods full history completely unabused

Any ideas guys ???

Thanks

Mark

182 ff
Hi guys just had my Clio 182 an oil and filter change along with a few minor jobs done. Since having it back keep getting a reoccurring oil smell through the vents car is running absolutely perfect and no warning lights. Run for a bit now thinking it may have been unspent oil somewhere but it smells like an A reg metro !!!

Any ideas guys ???

Thanks

Mark

Any ideas guys ???

Thanks

Mark

Any ideas guys ???

Thanks

Mark
might be just spilled oil burning off.. check all the engine.it shouldnt be that if its been a few weeks,take it back to who did it the oil change.

Last edited:
  PH2 172
Had a good look around cant see anything not mechanical minded tho to know any probs!!!

Take it back to where ever did the work.
I would suggest the filter O ring is not correctly seated and oil is leaking out & is blowing back across the sump & burning off on the exhaust.

Clio 172 Cup
Cheers lads for the replies will drop it back down to them it's a nightmare when u try and keep things in order and these garages just cause you grief!