ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed - From The beginning

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Wow! One of the first track projects threads i followed has come to an end :eek:

Can completely understand though, they can become an expensive hobby, endless funds needed on this scale, thats why my old PH1 172 went and i kept the PH2 as friendly as possible but still a go-kart to drive car

R.I.P Burp rocket :(

172 Race Car
I did change a steering rack gaiter before taking it down but other than that it just needed a slight adjustment to the N/S headlamp aim. (That will be running into the weelie bin the other day)

Might need some work for next year tho

172 Race Car
So its time to come clean.

Loads of roumors and guesses have been banded around over the last 3 months on what our plans are.

We have been busy behind the scenes since mid August and altho we are a long way off fnished the time is right to reveal............

Burpspeed Version 2

So good it deserves its own thread, keep an eye out, will be posting it up very soon

340i
Burpspeed version 1 is featured in this months PFC magazine...

Page 54, top left hand corner "172 having a bit of a moment!" LOL ;)

172 Race Car
Burpspeed version 1 is featured in this months PFC magazine...

Page 54, top left hand corner "172 having a bit of a moment!" LOL ;)
That'll be why my photobucket is near its max bandwidth this month, Burpspeed.com website getting loads of hits. Might need to upgrade

172 Race Car
Well the Loton continues to serve me well. It stood for over a week in these freezing temperatures and started first time. The only problem its suffereing from is the handbrake light stays on for a few minutes after its been stood in the cold. The switch is sticking.

Other than that I had a new tyre fitted to the front the other day at a cost of £20!

Its made by a company called 'HERO' and you really need to be to keep the thing on the road. Michielin it aint

So far ive spent £6 on new key, £6 on a steering rack gaiter, £7 on a mirror and £20 on a tyre. What a great car!

172 Race Car
Thread from the dead and drawing it to a close. The shell has finaly been binned.

Just got a SORN reminder through so will have to find the V5 and scrap it now

at the end of the road.jpgin the graveyard.jpg

Ahh, so you can truly 'bolt in' a bolt in cage, as opposed to having to weld in bases? What do they do for the other feet? Clever idea really, never seen it before!