ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

182cup & 172 racecar
I'm waiting for the haters to come along.
Anyway, its not all about figures, it's how it drives thats important.
But Dans done an excellent job, and I'd like to thank him for the time and effort he's put in.
Upside is, he has a slightly tidier workshop and kitchen.

Mapping takes along time, kept myself busy with a mop and broom.
Thanks Dan.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I'm waiting for the haters to come along.
Anyway, its not all about figures, it's how it drives thats important.
But Dans done an excellent job, and I'd like to thank him for the time and effort he's put in.
Upside is, he has a slightly tidier workshop and kitchen.

Mapping takes along time, kept myself busy with a mop and broom.
Thanks Dan.

Ah, its all relative anyway really, a big improvement on previous incarnations however you look at it. I was happy with 221, but managed to mess up the graph (the AFR continues plotting during run down, so was manually cutting the end off and lost the loss figures too) so let it cool for 30 mins and it made more, didn't believe it, did it again..... Same!

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome result tony, like you say its not about the numbers it's how it drives + piece of mind I guess that it's been done properly this time. My previous ktec rollers comment was in response to Marks 600bhp estimate!
russ

Cup In bits
Good results, no chance on the figures though ;)

I hope you have another good trouble free season.

Last edited:
  182cup & 172 racecar
Thanks guys.
And yes I hope to win some more races this year, just like last year.
I'm not dead yet.

Going to stretch it's legs at Rockingham on Sunday 9th.

182cup & 172 racecar
This week is going to fly past, and I've still got a zillion things to do to the car, and it just keeps fkn raining!!!!!

Bet this shifts! looking forward to see it an Snetterton this year, fingers crossed @sideways danny1 isnt there as he still wants to kill me.

Tony once you welded the PMS rear stiffening kit on did you still have to run the whiteline?

Last edited:
  182cup & 172 racecar
Yes, we found that with the PM kit on, it was too much along with the arb, so the arb went.

You can try it though if you want, I'm not telling you not to, just saying what we found.

clio cup
Great work Tony, and in the spirit of motorsport!! Cutting it fine!, lol

I'll be over to Rock on Sunday and I'll bring some Biccy's

182cup & 172 racecar
  182cup & 172 racecar
Oh, forgot to mention, car's been on the Alignment machine today, sort of pointing in the right direction, just not all four wheels together.

Going to corner weight it on Wed, and do a final set up. Not much I can do about the o/s side rear, I think this must be from when James attacked me at Oulton.
But meh, it'll do for now as I've driven worse lol.

172 Race Car
I take its not needed with it the kit welded on then? Gotta spare beam and toying with the idea, although its a road car it will give me something to do lol
One other thing to bear in mind is we went from a 172 beam with whiteline to a 182 cup beam with PMS kit and no whiteline.

182 cup beam has a larger diameter stock roll bar in it so stiffer to start with

182cup & 172 racecar
Corner weighting completed, not spot on, but near enough. Fitted a few bit's and pieces, including the passenger seat, just in case I get time on Sunday to return a few favours.

Just fuel and tyres to sort out, then Rockingham on Sunday, weather is supposed to be good, so should get some feedback from the car ready for the new season.

:)

Don’t know really the only races i’d want to do on the calendar would be Snett and maybe Oulton but the Tintops calendar suits my circuit choices quite a bit better this year and would be good to share costs with a second driver. I’ll still be along to watch you guys though at a few races i’m sure :)