ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Busy with bearings

In the middle of doing my rear wheel bearings (all stripped down) which were a very reasonable £18 +VAT each from andyspares (do we get a discount from them - i never asked, internet order).

However, have heard in past that a press is required to remove them, I had a wee bash with a socket and hammer, however in people heres experience can it be done with normal home tools, or will I have to bite the bullit and go visit somebody with a press.

Also I took a few photos so if anybody else is tackling this, they might find them usefull, let us know.

Alex M

Did a disappearance from work this afternoon to get bearings pressed in, mate did it at work, so should be back motoring the night. Had to use the folks cars, hadnt driven my mums new one yet, was quite impressed. Rover 25 1.6IL, suprisingly quick, 70 in second and almost a tonne in third, redline at what looks like 7800, a pleasant surprise. Which makes me think the 1.8 (ZT or whatever it is called) might be quite good, anybody had a go/race?. And does anybody else think the BRM special edition actually looked wicked? They have definetly gone up in my estimations, but still looking forward to getting my 16v back on the go.

Alex M

Alex, can u mail me the pictures @ mailto:jamiebrock@madasafish.com">jamiebrock@madasafish.com id like to have a look into whats involved..

cheers

Yeah, you need to press them out then the new ones in.

You can damage the bearing housing otherwise, and you may not get them in square.

Back on the go, and silence is golden, only problem now is with the back bearings done, I can here a slight rumble of the front ones (need to be done in the near future), but essentially there is only tyre noise from the wheels now.

Rockport, will need to get pics onto my computer first, but will send them over the coming days, they are dead easy to do and I recommend this job for anybody, piece of piss, if you can get somebody with a press the job is no hassle.

Alex M

Will be end of the week, as am away with work till friday and didnt transfer photos to computer before i left, sorry will do it then, hope thats cool guys.

Alex M