ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buy a phase 1 Vee for more than they cost new.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  BMW M4; S1000 RR
Hmm, for a completely ropey one that needed about £3000 spending on it. Sensible folk didn't sell theirs during the recession.
Even if it needed £6k spending on it, that's looking like a good ROI from where I'm sitting!! Plus you'd (not you specifically because you have one) have had a v6 for the past 8 years lol.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even if it needed £6k spending on it, that's looking like a good ROI from where I'm sitting!! Plus you'd (not you specifically because you have one) have had a v6 for the past 8 years lol.
I hear you, but they have to sell it for that sort of price though. Even now most Phase 1's are about £13k (well usually on PH, when they come up)

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
f**king hell the asking prices on these are going up like a Saturn 5 rocket.

It's the old saying though isn't it, it's only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.

Just because a car is advertised at that price, doesn't mean it will sell for that price.

That Ph1 is about £10k too much though IMO.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  182Turbo,DCi90
Formal valuation letter by the owners club at £50,000.00 when it says above that the owner of the club is the owner of the car lol.
Remember reading that and having a laugh myself and thinking who would write that when they themselves probably wrote that letter.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
17   0   0
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
And for people interested in the price of V6's there is another v6 currently for sale at 50k ;)

Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
  Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
That's a ropey advert too. Coilover suspension... yeah mine too, cost me £300.

Electric Recaros... but no pictures.

Formal valuation letter by the owners club at £50,000.00 when it says above that the owner of the club is the owner of the car lol.

Remember reading that and having a laugh myself and thinking who would write that when they themselves probably wrote that letter.

The owner of the car does not do the valuations.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Those Club valuations are a load of b****cks flol that's some proper tryhard/wannabe elitist s**t there, it's a Clio v6 ffs. I'm surprised it wasn't on the Trophy forum 😂😂

Last edited:
Reactions: Gus
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio with a body kit
I think that there was around 30 vees at origine rs where it won that trophy. I'm pretty sure that I've seen it with a trophy for best car on a clio sport stand at a French car show as well.
The car is unique and there is not another like it and I doubt a serious buyer will purchase it on that advert. They would head over to another forum where they would find all the information they would want.
The car maybe priced ambitiously in some people's eyes but as said in many threads it's worth every penny of what the right person is willing to pay. I just hope if it does sell it still gets used as it really is a lovely car and I enjoy seeing it as do many others.

The valuations offered by the club have always been bang on in my eyes and are done by someone that knows a lot more about clio v6s than I do or most people will ever know. Prices in the UK are still cheaper than some on the continent so maybe they will rise a little more yet ;)

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Suzuki Jimny
I don't want to offend anyone with a V6 but if I had £50k to spend on a car, a clio wouldn't even be on my top 1,000 list.

£20k maybe but so so so many better cars out there than a two seat clio.

If you had £50k to invest though.....

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldnt spend it on a ford either for what it's worth.

What I was getting at is you can't de-value it just because it's a two seater Renault... But yet many (not you specifically) see an old Ford such as an RS200 as worth every penny just because it's a Fast Ford, not a Renault.

The 205 T16 is just a two seater Peugeot, but they're selling for well over 100k.

Not sure a V6 is worth 50k at this moment in time, but mint PH2's in good colours will be worth well over 50k in 10 years.