ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

buying 172

i was kust wondering what u guys think, im 20 with 2 years ncb and i will be 21 in april. i currently have a 1.2 16v and would dream of owning a 172, do u think i realisticaly stand a chance of owning one?taking in to account that the insurance will be expensive? how much are u paying?

well im planning to ditch my 1.2 and get a 172 when im 21. There was a post aobut this a while back, think the average was about £1500, if i remember correctly.

thats not bad when u consider how f**king quick it is! im payig 800 squid for my 1.2 16v so it is a big step. when i turn 21 im not sure how much my insurance will go down anyway!

Burgandy 174 sport t

just been doin quotes for this and the cheapest I can find is 1200 fc on a cup though!!

I am 21 (just turned) 2yrs ncb with 2 accidents!! only 1 my fault in feb 2001!!

If I can get it for a grand Im gonna get 1!! Just need to sell the Dci though!!

anyone found better quotes?? that was with privilege!!

i think i will wait till my 3 years are up at which time i will be 22 and i can just swap my 1.2 16v and i will hopefully have cheep insurance!

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

I swapped my 1.4 8v for a 172 in Oct as i turned 22 in the sept. my insurance is not unreasonable! Only went up by £350. 2 yrs NCB an 1 claim 3 yrs ago!

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Tesco or Renault insurance. They are both or were both UK Insurance ltd. so play them against each other!

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

ive only ever jumped between the two insurance compnies cos if they think you a new or returnin customer they can give you bigger discount than a renewin 1!

The cup is not anymore powerfull than the normal 172 its just lighter! hence slightly faster, being a more involved drive Id go for the standard 172 at 21 its way powerfull enough. infact there are time it sh*ts me up Im 24 and have been driving since I was knee high to a grass hopper, to get it down to 1500 quid is good for your age.

Depends on where you live an milage. For me at 21 wih 1 NCB and 1 claim plus 2 yrs driving experiance @20k/yr its about £1500 Guess maybe 100 cheaper if I ring up companies.

Other running costs will be higer altough MPG might not be much worse for you 1.2 owners servicing is slightly more plus road fund more plus then theres the cost of the car.

You should be able to do it but depends on how much your willing to spend

im 22 with 4yrs no claims, to insure my 1.2 16v was £500 with renault, i toyed with the idea of getting a 172 as a second car, but for the quotes i was getting on insurance i just saved abit more and got my uk supra, the insurance was only £1300, 172 wuld have been 1200! if you like the 172 you could do it, but u could prob get a quicker car 4 the same insurance costs.

im trying to get rid of the 1.2 16v to get a GTO now, £900 to insure that!:D