ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying 182 ff help please!

Seat Ibiza
Im worried for you mate, they are great cars don't get me wrong but they can be a little fragile, so a well looked after one is a must!

Lets just hope its straight and true, but from the inside knowledge thats been posted, i'd run a mile.

I don't think there is one member who would continue the sale, but then again, your money!

Is there anything anyone could say that would put you off buying it? Not really sure why you put the thread up now?

This TBH.

You're asking for help. You've got good help. Inside knowledge on the car. Yet you still want to buy it?

These cars might be cheap now and people say they are cheap to run, they are in one way but when things break, it's going to cost you money to fix.

Buy something that's been looked after and not had a bodged repair. If you're buying at the bottom of the price range you have to expect to buy the runts.

Seat Ibiza
This TBH.

You're asking for help. You've got good help. Inside knowledge on the car. Yet you still want to buy it?

These cars might be cheap now and people say they are cheap to run, they are in one way but when things break, it's going to cost you money to fix.

Buy something that's been looked after and not had a bodged repair. If you're buying at the bottom of the price range you have to expect to buy the runts.

Agree'd

And their are cheaper cars to fix...Lol.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
£2000 for a 182 does this price alone NOT tell you its not gonna be much good !!!!

Arctic 182
Thanks for all the info lads you have been a real help, no need to worry all in all the car is fine all chassis legs are straight al is the subframe, bodywork in general is fine, any scuffs i will wet sand out this weekend.

As for the rest

1) Revved when cold - car does not smoke rattle or tap, no worries buillding oil pressure up quicker is'nt that bad

2) Front end smash - New rad and aircon rad, all lined up fine paint is fine car is straight

3) Heaters not working - Not a big fix

4) Speakers dont work - not really a hard one that.

5) Wont rev without going in to limp mode, have spare throttle body from last clio i had.

I came on here for help not a mass debate about my potential purchase, as long as it hasn't had a side stiched on been cut-n-shut or previosly stolen or has outstanding finance it really does not worry me thanks again to all the helpers.

Peace.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I bet the guy selling it couldn't believe his luck when you rocked up :)
Good luck mate I think you will need it !

BMW 330D
I went to look at this quite a while ago it was up for 3 grand then mate, its cheap because its a bit of a dog and has been for sale for ages. The underseal was a mess too. Stockport Car supermarket seem a good dealership though and have some really good reviews on here http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews203552.html