ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying a 1.4, need help with sommit dodgy

Hi all, went to look at a 1.4RT today, and noticed a few things that are knackered with it, but in general is a nice car.

right, both fogs are filled with water - will need new ones, how much do fogs and seals cost?
The passenger electric window goes up, but barely, will need a new motor i think, how much new?
Up on the roof, between the sunroof and the windscreen is a "block" of plastic ith the lights and stuff on (umm hard to explain....) starts at the reading lights, and work back towards the sunroof - whats meant to be there, as on thisone there was just an open circuit thing, there is a hole about the size of a sideways matchbox, with a PCB sticking out of it. how much is a new one of whatevers meant to be on there?

all these prices new please, as i want to go armed with the info, and see how much hes willing to knock off

cheers

BMW 328 Ci

Is the black thing you mean for the remote central locking

are they phase 1-2 or phase 3 fogs

i dont know, i assumed that was down by the gear stick, theres a little thing with a key pic on it, could be though - anyone confirm?

they are phase 1 or 2, not 100% sure though, square, white, thats all i can tell

p reg i think

cheers

The thing you are referring to, (circuit thing) is exactly the same on mine (1.9d RT). Was like it when i bought it, still havent gotten round to finding out what it is 6 months after buying it.

Revels Mum & Sister

yeah only thing missing I think mate is the Plastic cover to go over it

It is defo the IR eye for the Remote Central Locking.

As for the Fogs. I picked up a set for my valver for £30 second hand! Not sure of prices new. I think around £35 each new

Get a price from renualt. try and knock like £60-70 off maybe!

Yeah the piece by the sunroof is just the cover for the RC locking reciever, pretty sure if the cover is missing its broken off. You will need a new reciever which costs £36 from renault (i bought 1 today)

Oh and that button down by the gear stick is just to lock or unlock the central locking when you are in the car.

Check the roof well mate for any signs of damp from a leaking sunroof or aerial, if its the sunroof the=en a new seal is £90 ish from renault.

thanks a lot for the info.

no, marc, its not like yours, its not got the curved lights

maybe its a N reg then, looked at a fair few today

so you think with that plastic thing missing, knackered fog, and buggered lecy window motor i could go for about £100 off?

cheers all who helped

yea, £100 off, although i think the fogs alone from Renault are over £100 alone. However most of that stuff u cud get from a wreked clio in a scrap yard if theres one near you. Will defo be cheaper and will save you some doe ;)

Best bet, is goto a scrappy and get the bits.

PCB, as long as the central locking is working (from key..) is ok.. just get the cover as said.

Ask them why its missing - it doesnt just fall off (normally..) so it might have been taken off to fix a leaking sunroof and then lost. Check to see if its been fixed properly.

As for Window, could be multiple things, from motor being dodgy or something catching the window in the door.. or might just need a bit of help behind the door cards. Ive never seen behind a Clio Door Card with Leccy Windows, so couldnt tell ya 100%!

Fogs, get two new ones.. if you can get some good ones from a scrappy, very good.