ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying a 172 cup

Hi, after looking at many different cars i have decided to buy a 172 cup. iam a newbie to clios so i dont know what to look for when buying one.
What are the main things (apart from the obvious) i should look for?
i have around 5k and want a standard one if poss.

What are the service intervals? am i right in saying they have 1 cam and 1 aux belt? when should these be changed and how much would if cost to have these done.
Cheers!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Your best bet is to use the search function mate and have a good rear, there's loads of people who have been looking for advice on buying 172's recently.

£5k should see you get a pretty good mid-mileage example.

ALL Cup's are due their cambelt change if it's not already been done (5 years or 72k) - I've just paid £450 for belt changes and major service.

HPI check the car if you are considering buying it, too many have been CAT C/D repaired or stolen / recovered.

Silver ones are quicker... it's a lighter colour. ;)

thanks mate. i have had a quick search but takes ages to find what u want lol

when does the aux belt need changing? iam sure i read that it has to be done before the cam belt