ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

buying a 172 - how much should i pay!!

172 M69 eater
looking around for a 172 now as the old beast is past its best and i wanna be driving something faster when i'm back on the road....

how much should i look to pay for a 2002 / 2003 car with average mileage (20 - 30k)???

Ta

Patty

p.s. if you are selling a car and can do me a good deal... then pm me ;)

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
ive found on average

Ph1 1 - 5k
ph2 51/02 plate up to 6.5k
52 plate just under 7 grand.
03 - 7 grand plus

Cups are usually over 7k. sometimes even stretching 8k regardless of plate.

Ive managed to get my 51 plate with 32k miles.. for 5.5k (allowing another 500 quid for service and breaks) from a trader.

Renault wanted 8.5 k for a 51 plate with 20k miles on the clock.. Screw that..

172 M69 eater
cool... thanks fella... been looking round and wanting a flame red or monaco blue 172... got cash so ill just wait for a good un :)

172 Cup, Clio 197
I bought my 172 cup 3 weeks ago, 52 plate, 28,000 miles excellent nick (apart from temp sensor been inaccurate and missing cup badges) full mot and 9 mths tax and I paid £6795 from a dealer, so i'd expect that private you'd get one a little less

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
leekirlew said:
I bought my 172 cup 3 weeks ago, 52 plate, 28,000 miles excellent nick (apart from temp sensor been inaccurate and missing cup badges) full mot and 9 mths tax and I paid £6795 from a dealer, so i'd expect that private you'd get one a little less

^^Good price that

Evo 8 RIP, Evo 2 tracktoy
i bought my 172 cup 2 month ago and it set me back £8500 on an 03 plate with 10,000 miles on the clock not sure how good that is but i wanted it so paid the price

172 M69 eater
lee that was a cracking deal!!!!

need to bide my time and find a cracker :D

what should u look out for on them?

172 Cup, Clio 197
Yeah I thought that when I seen it, went straight into the garage to have a look, I got a 6 month gold warrenty thrown in aswell.

172 M69 eater
bonus :D i've got a couple of irons in the fire and the cash in the bank so i'm hopin to find somethin soonish as long as i get a good deal

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Ive just bought a mk2 172 for 5 k. My experience is that what people ask and what they are prepared to accept when you wave cash in their face is very different.

Vectra :(
Got my 02 172 4 months ago for 6500 from a trader with 50k on clock. well it was a straight swap for my mg so no cash involved. bit high price for 50k but car was in better nick than some i seen

172 M69 eater
Tom Rigbanks said:
Ive just bought a mk2 172 for 5 k. My experience is that what people ask and what they are prepared to accept when you wave cash in their face is very different.
with what mileage fella??!?!

172 M69 eater
thanks for the good luck wishes :D

i've been scouting autotrader now for the last week and not seen much that tempts me... i dont know whether to try ebay or not tho??!1

172 Cup, Clio 197
how much you got to spend? how far are you willing to travel? I generally find that cars are cheaper up north.

172 M69 eater
im in york... lookin to spend at most 7k.... seen a few good deals but theyall seem to be down south!! theres a cup in wales with 22k for 6500!!

Citroen DS3 DSport
I bought my Monaco Blue 172 on a 02 plate for £6300 from a dealer 2 months ago with 32k miles.

williams 2
i got my flame red 172 in jan this year, paid 6750 from a mazda dealership. it has full history 1 owner with 32k on it!

Black 172
I bought my black 172 for 6.5k 03 plate with 28 k on the clock. Was in immacluate condition until i hit a few kerbs

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
got mu 172 4 weeks ago for £6900 with 14k on the clock and with a cup fron splitter in immacullate condiotion 53 reg it was superb i had to travel 220 miles to get it well worth it though if you prepered to travel you get good deals