ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying a 182

182 Cup
Hello,

Currently looking at buying a 182. I've been to see one recently and it looks in great condition;

-74k on the clock
-Full service history
-Cup pack
-Needs a service
-MOT runs out in Jan 2012
-No tax
-Cambelt is due

My question is, at 2.5k would you say its a fair price? Cheers

Last edited:

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
What year is the reg? If you think it's a deal... then go for it. Personally I might try and get a year's MOT thrown in to sweeten the deal though!

Turbo LY R27
So it needs tax, MOT, a service and cambelt doing? If u added all that onto the price it's not a great deal.

182 Cup
Yeah it needs its MOT doing in Jan. I can get the belt done for around 300 quid I think. The dealer is an arse to be honest and wouldnt budge on his price so I think I'm going to leave it. Its a lot of expense to shell out on top of buying the car.

pimp mobile Zafira
I'd want some off the price with all that needing doing. Sounds like it needs the 72k service which is the aux belt and kit service which you're looking at around £300. Then it's the cambelt which is going to be around £450. Then there's the mot around £40 and that's is nothing needs doing then tax say 6months at around £135. So your looking at around £925 give or take on top of the asking price.

182 Cup
Yeh, he's acutally put the price up now to almost 3k! He said to me when I went to view it that he was sick of people ringing up asking if the belts had been done haha!.

I will just have to be patient and wait :(

Megane 225 F1
Yeh, he's acutally put the price up now to almost 3k! He said to me when I went to view it that he was sick of people ringing up asking if the belts had been done haha!.

I will just have to be patient and wait :(

So basically he want's to sell it for 2.5k by reducing it 500 because belts haven't been done.

182 Cup
yeh pretty much. The guy is a dreamer who is waiting for somebody who hasnt done any research to come along and buy the car. Thankfully that won't me me! Unless he drops to 2k :p

pimp mobile Zafira
What a div. Can't believe he's sick of people asking about the belts. That's probably te most important point about buying one of these. He should have put it in his advert. Seems like you've done your homework. Keep searching and I'm sure you'll find what you want. Get paid up and have a look at the for sale section!

182 Cup
Hello again,

I've found another Clio that I'm really interested in, however its about an hours drive away from my house. I'm going to look at it this week but my regular mechanic won’t be able to look over it for me.

Are there any other companies apart from the AA that inspect cars, or does anyone have an idea of what I could do instead to make sure its ok?

Any help appreciated