ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying a 197

Clio
Hi all,

I had a look at a 197 this evening. The car looks absolutely mint and I'm hoping to buy it on Saturday. The only concern I have is there was a slight knocking noise coming from the back of the car when the guy took us for a spin in it. I only noticed it towards the end of the drive he took us on and it seemed to happen when we went over bumps. Could it be the rear bushes?

Any other ideas would be much appreciated.

Clio
Thanks for the replies. Also, not sure if it'll make any difference but the car is lowered 30mm all round on H&R springs..

Clio
It's a 2006 Albi blue 197. Its got the optional spoiler but its pretty standard other than the 30mm H&R springs.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'm my experience it'll be boot catch and or rear seats, easy fixes also.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Yep, boot catch I would imagine. A job that is on my list for this coming weekend.

Megane dci 130
It isn't the catch that's loose, it's the striker that's rattling in the catch. Put some grease in the catch and on the striker and it will fix it.

Audi A5
Go through the box alot on road test. They have a lot of issues with them especially going in an out of fourth.