ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

buying a clio 172

Its my first post on here so hello lads and lasses

I currently have a rover 25 (mg zr kitted,koni t/a dampers, 220 turbo breake setup,17" wheels) but with it being only a 1.4 ive grown used to/bored of the lack of power so im thinking of buying a brand new clio 172.

I have been to motor point in derby and i can have a clio for £11k brand new,the only trouble is that it is a import.BUT its from france (which i dont see as bad becasue its a french car) and it is better specced than a uk car (traction control and climate control as standard,aswell as the ussal stuff).

Can anyone tell me if this would be a good buy or would i be better buying from a dealer,if so for what reasons.

Also with the clio 182 being released would it be a good idea to hold out for one of these-are they much/a lot better than a 172?I will probally mod my car (filter,exhaust,etc) so would a 172 with the mods be a better investment?

I have got so many questions to ask as it will be the biggest money wise decision i have made so please chat to me on msn mailto:i_c_e998@hotmail.com">i_c_e998@hotmail.com

Im only 20 and i have had a insurance quote for around 1k with me as a named driver on my dads insurance-is this a good deal or is there better to be had (it was off tescos).

Sorry for so much writing!!!!!!!!!

Gav.

One more thing if anyone has got a 03/53 reg 172 forsale with low mileage in red or black send me a pm as im looking to buy one in march.

Cheers

Gav.

Gav, I have just bought one from there at £10,995 its a deal...

I know the 182 is out but IMO I dont like the back of it. For that price on a new car is a bargin, all cars lose money you just have to buy a cheap one.

I was looking for cars around 10k and that is "the best" value for money...

At the end of the day all the cars are built over there so even the "uk" versions are built in France so IMO I dont see the difference.

If you want cheaper insurance try http://www.privilege.comwww.privilege.com

Ive just bought my first Clio, mk1 172 and I love it, best car Ive had. Privilege quoted me £600 less than anyone else and thats before I get a clifford alarm fitted.