ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying a macbook on finance, advice.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I would agree, as previously stated the trackpad features are the one thing I miss but with the money I saved I can cope with that :)

Anyway back on topic. Finance, is it worthwhile? Unless it's interest free I'd say no. When I bought my iMac it was on a buy now pay 12 months 0% interest deal from here

http://www.macuniverse.co.uk/

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
^^^ Lol thankyou :) How come whenever someone starts a thread about a mac a big war always breaks out!? Im going to try for a 0% interest rate any who!

Fiat Panda 100hp
I've got a multi-touch pad fitted to this laptop here...

Yeah, well who the hell wants to know about it? ;)

Back on topic, I have my mac on finance, it's costing me £18/month over 2 years. I don't even see the money going out each month. Much better than forking out for it at once. As long as your not getting ripped off by APR.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
wtf is a multi touch
Multi-touch is Apple technology that the iPhone/iPod touch/new MacBooks use. It allows for more than one finger to be used on the trackpad at once and has gestures like "swiping" or "pinching" which do various things. Pretty cool.

Word of warning.. we got the new AFS (Apple Financial Services) rates through last week and they've gone up. You may be better off with a small loan tbh..

http://www.CancomUK.com/Finance

Yeah, well who the hell wants to know about it? ;)

Back on topic, I have my mac on finance, it's costing me £18/month over 2 years. I don't even see the money going out each month. Much better than forking out for it at once. As long as your not getting ripped off by APR.

You must have put some money down though?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
gonna say 18 a month is an amazing deal... if i can get it for 20 a month with some money down over 2/3 years id be happy with that

Monaro VXR
The new Macbook's don't have the massive discounts any more.. they give you £50 off and that's it I've heard.

When I went into the apple store the other day the guy checked in the book and told me he would give me 15% on a Macbook Pro. And anything I want with it accessory software wise would get the same or better discount.

When I went into the apple store the other day the guy checked in the book and told me he would give me 15% on a Macbook Pro. And anything I want with it accessory software wise would get the same or better discount.

Yea, that was always the case..
People were claiming it got cut to like £50 tho.. dunno.. I'm not a student anymore.

I saved a fair whack on my MBP when I bought that by buying from a Uni PC.. (altho, that was two years ago now... revision 1 of the MBP!)

Well worth it.

Monaro VXR
I want one I am just going to wait until the new 17" one appears. Which I have heard should be around January.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
im so confused... why is the macbook on the apple site 1k plus but on mac universe the same/simularish one is 700?

[FONT=VERDANA, ARIAL, HELVETICA] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Geneva, Verdana]APPLE MacBook 13in Laptop White 2.1GHz[/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=VERDANA, ARIAL, HELVETICA][FONT=VERDANA, ARIAL, HELVETICA]
Apple.gif
[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Geneva, Verdana]Product ID:[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Geneva, Verdana] AW_MBOOKLEWHITE[/FONT]
[/FONT]
APPLE MacBook White Laptop 13.3 inch 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo/1GB (2x512MB 667Mhz) RAM/120GB 5400rpm SATA HD, 8x Superdrive, Airport Extreme , Bluetooth 2, Gig-Ethernet / MiniDVI-FW400-2xUSB2) iSight, Digital/Analog Audio i/o, iLife 08, OSX 10.5
[FONT=VERDANA, ARIAL, HELVETICA][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Geneva, Verdana]£611.00 +VAT [/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=VERDANA, ARIAL, HELVETICA][FONT=Helvetica, Arial, Geneva, Verdana]
[/FONT][/FONT]

Because the one on the Apple site at £1100 is the new Aluminum one.

That one above is the old white one, which is £729 inc VAT on the Apple site.

I wouldn't even think about getting the original white Macbook now... the Aluminum one is where it's at!

IMO? Yes..

Is it worth it to you? You'll have to decide.. it may not be.

The new Macbook is about as perfect as Mac as you're going to get.

I loved my MBP, but it was just too big for me.. hence I sold it.. and got a 12.1" Dell instead. The new 13" Macbook seems a good compromise - still thin, still looks awesome, light, solid, etc.

Get yaself into an Apple store, John Lewis, PC World, etc and have a go on some of them!

Citroen DS3 DSport
If it's going to be your main computer and you can afford the payments then get one of the new MacBooks, they are stunning. I only chose the cheaper Dell option because it is only going to be used occasionally as I mainly use my iMac when at home. If I was replacing my iMac then I would buy a genuine Apple product, possibly the new MacBook.

Mégane RS
it is supposed to be £1149 i paid just over £600 for mine :)

lovely bit of kit and i can see why people rave about mac. Might have to get a imac but the new quad imac should be out early next year

Mégane RS
It was an error on our system that i took full advantage of lol, i paid £720 all in all with a wireless mighty mouse office and £30 itunes voucher

Mégane RS
You should watch all the vids on how they make it etc, it doesnt help it just makes you want it more lol