ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying a Valver

www.renparts.co.uk
Mate of mine has a valver that he wants to sell. Figure its a great opportunity for a toy/way of getting in to track days. He wants 300 quid as is.

Took me out in it tonight. Clutch isn't too heavy, Box doesn't seem to bad. Exhaust mounts are shaggered and so are engine mounts. also its over fuelling. Seems like it will be fairly easy to sort If i get to the root of the problem. Its lowered 60mm on black turbines and the car is red in colour. Good buy for 300, reckon i could get it right for about 150 quid spend. Advice? things to look out for that could cost$$$$ etc?
ta
josh

Not bad for £300 depends how bad the fueling is it might be something simple.

I wouldn't buy it unless you've got a garage to work on it though.
At £300 you could break for parts and break even almost say £100 for engine £100 for wheels and £100 for others bits.

I'd be tempted to buy it and break it at that price.

Check for rust on rear achesrear boot door's etc.

www.renparts.co.uk
yeh i thought the same. Got a big clear garage and a pit which is helpfull. ideally want it worthy to use but as you say if it starts getting expensive ill break the B*tch. Basically it cuts out at idle (has a De-cat) and stinks of unburned fuel. He says the plugs go black really quick and its guzzling petrol. Is the lambda sensor usually where the Cat is? can it be fitted into the decat?
ta
josh

joshydee said:
yeh i thought the same. Got a big clear garage and a pit which is helpfull. ideally want it worthy to use but as you say if it starts getting expensive ill break the B*tch. Basically it cuts out at idle (has a De-cat) and stinks of unburned fuel. He says the plugs go black really quick and its guzzling petrol. Is the lambda sensor usually where the Cat is? can it be fitted into the decat?
ta
josh
Does it look like its been atempted to be tunned?

www.renparts.co.uk
FredYozzasport said:
they can be a right money pit!!

overfueling is probably a damaged vaccum line to the map sensor

where is this located? ill have a look at it on the sly lol trying to get it for best value lol.