ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying an iPhone 4

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Specs

iPhone 3GS vs iPhone 4

Operating System iPhone OS 3 (Upgrade to iOS 4.3) iOS 4.3

Size (inches) 4.5 x 2.4 x 0.48 - 4.5 x 2.3 x 0.37

Weight (ounces)
4.76 ounces - 4.8 ounces

Processor
600-MHz ARM Cortex A8 - Apple A4 processor

Display
3.5 inches (480 x 320 pixels, 163 ppi) - 3.5 inches (960 x 640 pixels, 326 ppi)

Camera
3-MP - 5-MP with LED flash, VGA front camera

Video Recording
VGA @ 30fps -720p @ 30fps

Wi-Fi
802.11b/g 802.11n

Sensors
Accelerometer, proximity sensor, ambient light --- 3-axis gyro, Accelerometer, proximity, ambient light

Internal Memory (max)
8GB 16GB, 32GB

Talk / Standby Time
up to 5 hours (3G)/12.5 days 7 hours (3G)/12.5 days

Internet Use (3G/Wi-Fi) 5 hours/9 hours 6 hours/10 hours

Video/Audio Playback
Up to 10 hours/30 hours ---- Up to 10 hours/40 hours

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Thinner, better battery, better camera, better screen, faster all round.

Made of gallywinium.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
lolcat_what.jpg

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Specs

iPhone 3GS vs iPhone 4

Operating System iPhone OS 3 (Upgrade to iOS 4.3) iOS 4.3

Size (inches) 4.5 x 2.4 x 0.48 - 4.5 x 2.3 x 0.37

Weight (ounces)
4.76 ounces - 4.8 ounces

Processor
600-MHz ARM Cortex A8 - Apple A4 processor

Display
3.5 inches (480 x 320 pixels, 163 ppi) - 3.5 inches (960 x 640 pixels, 326 ppi)

Camera
3-MP - 5-MP with LED flash, VGA front camera

Video Recording
VGA @ 30fps -720p @ 30fps

Wi-Fi
802.11b/g 802.11n

Sensors
Accelerometer, proximity sensor, ambient light --- 3-axis gyro, Accelerometer, proximity, ambient light

Internal Memory (max)
8GB 16GB, 32GB

Talk / Standby Time
up to 5 hours (3G)/12.5 days 7 hours (3G)/12.5 days

Internet Use (3G/Wi-Fi) 5 hours/9 hours 6 hours/10 hours

Video/Audio Playback
Up to 10 hours/30 hours ---- Up to 10 hours/40 hours

Im still talking about the facts the iphone 4 is supposedly better than every phone ever made

I think it's funny how nobody in here ever mentions Android phones. Nobody cares.

Yet the Android boys have some sort of complex about iPhones.

I love my Android. Had a 3G when they first came out because at the time they were the best phone going by far. Android has caught up and surpassed the iPhone at this present moment in time.

Megane 225 F1
I'm an Android boy. But I'm not saying the iPhone is s**t. It's a f**king awsome phone. But for me, the Android phone suits me better.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL. I know it cracks me up. Rarely will an iPhone user knock the competition, but every Android user I've met is oh-so-f*cking-happy that they've chosen their phone over an iPhone. Despite the iPhone 4's vast pros. Of course the iPhone has flaws, it always has.

Don't even get me started on Windows Phone c*nts. They think Microsoft are a f*cking cooperative compared to Apple.

Serious single-core chips on their shoulders.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
not digging out of any hole.I said i prefered my 3gs to my iphone 4 and that i prefer my desire HD to both of those. iPhone 5 will probably kick the arse of everything out there so far, like the MBP has done for other laptops and the iPad has done for tablets. At the present time however, there are a few android phones above the iPhone 4

As for Honeycomb saving the day...why would it when its a tablet OS rather than a mobile OS. Like saying Lion will save the day on iPhone 5

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
He also said they'd soon be launching their fourty-eighth app store.

Oh, to be an Android developer.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Not too sure about the build quality, my mate is onto his 4th for various reasons to do with how it left the factory, and mines just started to rattle so thats going back ! no denying it's a great phone, couldn't live without mine

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You really are an idiot.

I quite liked the os thing, shows he has a decent understanding of iOS and how the OS revisions work. Good Job.

Leaving the ATV builds in was another plus point.

Yeah, I'm surprised he knows about logical updates that even include people who bought a phone within the last week.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
well done tom. top work on the name there. your wit astounds me! its a moot point btw, nothing to do with cows. although i hear they prefer the iphone as well

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I finally bought an iphone 4.

But I can't use it until 24th When Orange send me a sim and switch me to an iphone tarrif.

New contract or upgrade?

I'm due an upgrade in about 3 weeks, how long will i be without a phone? especially if i want to keep my number?

Sorry, I'm already in contract with orange, I bought my iphone off line, so I am just changing my price plan mid month, which they cannot change until 24th which is my next bill date.