ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying an iPhone 4

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My missus said something about setting it to "get" the emails every 15 minutes.

Can I set it to automatically push them to the phone like an SMS like a Blackberry?

Does it not rape the iPhone 4 battery if you have it on automatic push, like the BB?

I can remember when I had the 3G, it was draining the battery, so I changed it so it only updated when I clicked the App.

Fabia vrs tdi
I sold my 3GS for £220 and found my iphone4 on gumtree and got it down to £360 so considering my 3GS was free I got a great deal.

My contracts up in 7 months but going for an o2 sim only deal and keeping my i4

And I just walked into an o2 shop and asked for a micro sim and you can switch the phone number across to your new sim on the o2 website

Im thinking I can get a 4 for between £350 -£400 on ebay or the like. apparently brand new.

Worry I have is say the person has it insured, sells it, and then claims it lost, and the IMEI number of the phone gets blocked, you as the buyer are fooked I assume?

I dont think someone wants me to get an iPhone.
Tried to make payment for one and my card got declined. Tried again, declined. Phone my bank and they said that it was marked as having possible fraudulent transactions, as I made a payment to my Uni for graduation, £1k to Admiral for mine and my dad's insurance and then tried this.
Got to try again in 10 mins.
Quite good of them really, even if it has been of slight inconvenience.

S2000 + E91 330D
Lol, made me laugh, I walked in to apple, on Saturday afternoon, absolutely packed with people trying everything for ages.. Walked straight upto the first apple chap i saw, I'd like to purchase a iPhone 4, 16gb please. Certainly sir, cash or card? Cash. Exchange of goods.. SEE YA. Popped down to O2, got my micro sim, purchased a case for her, JOB DONE! loads better than my 3G. Then again, that was Fooked.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Quick question...a 16gb 4 is going for around £510 sim free. Is this the price they were when they came out? Thinking about getting the 5 whenever it comes out sim free this time round and keeping my £15 a month contract.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Inflation!

Is this similar to the 3GS? If so I'm guessing that the 5 will be around the same price then.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Right i've had a go on the 4 today and its bloody impressive to say the least. So gutted that i opted for the Galaxy S over this.
If i manage to sell my Galaxy and get a 4 for a decent price, how long does it take to sort the micro sim out? Does it transfer your number over straight away or does it take a few days? And how about moving contacts over etc from the normal sim?
Dont really want to wait 12 months for my next upgrade. 18month contract flt :(
Cheers

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
sorry, been away. examples are...
desire HD (swapped my iPhone 4 for this phone and it is much beter. quicker, better camera, more customizable, still compatible with my mac, i could go on)
galaxy s
xperia arc
galaxy s 2 (on launch)

all superb phones and gingerbread outperforms iOS

I am a full convert. Used my mates iPhone 4 the other day, he used my desire HD and didnt want to swap back!

Rav4
Last time I checked, the desire HD was shite on battery. Much rather have an iPhone4 on all counts.

Samsung Galaxy, my goodness. Shocking.

Fabia vrs tdi
Thomas, try buy off someone local so you meet them face to face preferably at their home so less chance of getting scammed.

If someone reports their phone stolen or lost after you've bought it report it to the police because that person is committing fraud

explain how the iphone is better then. Worst product apple currently produce IMO

left the nexus s off the list as well

The iOS is leagues ahead. You can deny that all you wish with your claims of doing whatever you want to it, but out of the box (which is how 99% of phones stay) it is a lot better.

The App Store is far superior. The Android one is a mess. A massive mess.

Design/build quality/screen, all better on the iPhone 4.

You're happy with your Desire. Why you have to go on and on and on about having sold your iPhone I have no idea. Nobody cares.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
andrywright182 said:
explain how the iphone is better then. Worst product apple currently produce IMO

Actually, that accolade goes to Time Capsule, by a country mile.

The Android one is a mess. A massive mess.

Of course, there's more than one, which in itself sums up androids fragmentation woes.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
The iOS is leagues ahead. You can deny that all you wish with your claims of doing whatever you want to it, but out of the box (which is how 99% of phones stay) it is a lot better.

The App Store is far superior. The Android one is a mess. A massive mess.

Design/build quality/screen, all better on the iPhone 4.

You're happy with your Desire. Why you have to go on and on and on about having sold your iPhone I have no idea. Nobody cares.

completely agree regarding the app store. apples is far better

build quality depends on the phone. i had 2 iphone 4's, both of which had the aluminium round the side scratched to hell by using a bumper which apple recommended. Not that great quality tbf.

Later versions of android is just as easy as ios to use out of the box

You are right though, if I wanted a small screened phone with dodgy reception and prone to scratching then the iPhone 4 would be my number 1 choice

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LOL.

People put up a reasoned counter and you just troll.

Point proven. You and Android deserve each other.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I like it. Same level of hilarity to me as irony.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Its actually possible to come up with some strong reasons why android is superior to iOS. However he has yet to manage this.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
there are a lot of reasons as to why iOS is better than android as well. Just a shame the '4' is not that good. Still prefer my old 3gs to it.

dig1.jpg