ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying an Xbox 360

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Hi guys,

Right i need some advice and some guide in buying a xbox 360... there are so many versions of the xbox and im just confused which one to get.

I just want a basic xbox so i can play Fifa 12 online and other games.

Any advice would be grateful!

clio sport 182
buy an old jasper model from ebay, there the most reliable model out there and will be cheap, i know i fix consoles and laptops for a living

I'd always recommend the 250GB one if you can afford it. That way, if you do ever want to put movies, music, map packs for games such as battlefield etc you don't have to worry about not having enough room.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Well no disrespect, but Battlefield will not be a game that i be playing.

There is a guy near me selling an xbox 360 20gb pro for £75 with every thing plus loads of games.

is this worth a punt?
[h=1][/h]

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I would get an Elite or Arcade Jasper model. Search for a jasper on ebay or similar.

They don't go tits up as often.

TBH I wouldn't be buying a 360 second hand...

I would just get a new,
a bit(;)) more reliable..

get the one with 4gb built in,
and down the road you can just buy a hdd if you need the space

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Don't fcuk about. just get a 250GB slim.

One this that does annoy me though - I've got over 200GB disk space and can't copy any films/music etc onto it. I have to plug an external drive in to watch films. Yeah good one microsoft.

CBR1000RR Fireblade

This.

I sold my 60GB xbox last year because I filled it in no time, I went and bought a 250GB slim in gloss black and never looked back. Its a really good bit of kit and it has ample memory.

One this that does annoy me though - I've got over 200GB disk space and can't copy any films/music etc onto it. I have to plug an external drive in to watch films. Yeah good one microsoft.

Is there no way of transferring movies from the external drive to the 360 hard drive?

2007 clio dynamique
I woudnt even touch an older style xbox mo matter what motherboard it has , they all will most likely go wrong , i used to fix them for abit of extra money and even the newer jasper ones etc get the rrod , i would just buy a new slim model to be on the safe side

clio sport 182
ive been repairing consoles professionally for a year and unproffessionally for another 6 years, jasper models are more reliable than the new slimlines, dont let anyone else tell you any different, that and the slim drives are awfull and expensive.
and if a slim gpu goes faulty and the chip is fried the console has to be thrown in the bin as its intergrated with the cpu which cant be replaced!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I still have my 20GB 360, I can hear the f**king thing over the top of the game I'm playing. Don't buy second hand, buy a new one. I'm about to buy a 250GB because I can't take the noise/temperament of the thing. Plus I've had RRoD on it, and don't want it again!

2007 clio dynamique
ive been repairing consoles professionally for a year and unproffessionally for another 6 years, jasper models are more reliable than the new slimlines, dont let anyone else tell you any different, that and the slim drives are awfull and expensive.
and if a slim gpu goes faulty and the chip is fried the console has to be thrown in the bin as its intergrated with the cpu which cant be replaced!

Im interested in how you repair them tbh

Old post, but thought I'd put in my 2p
I find 20GB on my old one isn't enough. And I only play games.
Mainly because the thing is so f**king noisy I like to copy my games onto the hard drive so you get less noise. Plus when you take into account things like map packs, updates etc (Especially Forza, but most games, Fifa Ultimate Team too) Easily gets used up. I'm forever having to delete stuff.
I'd go for 250Gig.