ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying Clio off Forecourt

Clio 1.5dci
I have a 9 year old Clio 1.5dci wth 178k on the clock, it was squealing with the clutch depressed today, then the clutch was stiff and grinding and finally as i pulled into the drive at home i could not longer get it into gear. What with mot,service and other advisories from last year - it seems best not to spend another dime on it.

I need a car to get to work, so considering going to the local renault dealer tomorrow and having a look to see what clio I can drive away in, new or nearly new.

a 5door 90 dci is my preference, has anyone any advice before I lead myself to slaughter :clown:

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Dci 90 is very good, same engine as you have now. Make sure its a dynamique at the minimum with LG sat nav or R-link.

Returns 60mpg easily, ive recently done 400miles in one and i achieved 61mpg.

Clio 1.5dci
After reading the difference in spec, the dynamique S with rear parking sensors, 17inch alloys, climate control, rear electric windows.. with the eco start stop, seems like a good spec

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
we have the clio 4, dci dynamique & its really good! 61.8mpg on 2500 miles atm :)

I have a 9 year old Clio 1.5dci wth 178k on the clock, it was squealing with the clutch depressed today, then the clutch was stiff and grinding and finally as i pulled into the drive at home i could not longer get it into gear. What with mot,service and other advisories from last year - it seems best not to spend another dime on it.

I need a car to get to work, so considering going to the local renault dealer tomorrow and having a look to see what clio I can drive away in, new or nearly new.

a 5door 90 dci is my preference, has anyone any advice before I lead myself to slaughter :clown:

I think, Dci 90 is best clio. Check it and enjoy.

Clio 1.5dci
Looks like we might be putting down a deposit later, 0% apr over 4 years.

Get 4 years warranty, servicing and breakdown cover with that and £1000 dealer contribution.

Black 90dci Dynamique S MediaNav

Clio 1.5dci
Sweet, hope you didn't go for the red dash!

Nooooo, whilst I think it looks nice in the online photos - not so much in the flesh. My wife really doesn't like it anyway, and neither did the sales guy.

Fortunately our choices were black with standard trim or flame red with standard trim :) since it was compound stock we hadn't got the option to customse anyway.

We've ordered the black, 50% deposit minus £1000 to get the 0% APR installments over 4 years of £172.

We get it Tuesday morning!