ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying/Insuring 2 cars

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Right, say i buy a car this weekend, ring my insurance company about the change of vehicle, how do i go about insuring my old car (presuming it will sell in the next couple of weeks).
 
you want to transfer your insurance from the old to the new? and then re-insure yourself for the remaining 2 weeks on the old car?
 
I'm doing this at the moment.

They'll give you a temporary cover on the other car too which you can cancel once you've sold it and get a pro-rata refund. Cost me £88 to cover the Trophy for a month now i've switched my policy to the R27.
 
Yep same here, when I swapped over they added the old car as a temporary car untill the end of the month. Gave me enough time to get rid of it.
 
when i got rid of my old car I got a new policy with new car and when i sold my old one (which was 1 day later anyway) I cancelled the old policy. charged me 45 quid but get refund of remaining months so i dont lose money
 
Back
Top