ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying new wheels and alloys...colors...

Ibiswhite Audi S3 8P
Hi there,

Just went to my local wheeldealer to buy some new wheels + alloys for my artic 182.
Will go for 4*205/45/16 PE2's and 4*16" OZ Ultraleggera.
The thing is i'm very unsure about the color. Asked him to order one set of anthracite ones and one in silver, so I could decide easier, but he couldnt do it...
At the beginning I wanted to go for the Superts WRC, but they r much heavier and the red writing doesnt suit the artic blue very well...
What do you guys think, knowing that I've got some white racing stripes on it ?
Loose the stripes and go anthracite (would probably leave some marks on the paint..) ?

Or repaint the alloys in white and stay with the stripes (additional costs...) ?

Or just stay with "normal" silver ultraleggs ?

Could someone please photoshop an artic blue 182 (preferably with stripes) with white ultraleggeras...Cant get any pics up.

Its so hard to make a decision...

Any comments are welcome.

Thanx in advance

Clio
erm... id have to see some photoshops but anthracite could work ok with white stripes???

Clio
makes a change from turini's chris ^^, good suggestion though that if anyone could photoshop it.

Nike Lunar Elite's
Didn't think the Ultra's were available in a suitable 182 offset, Dan Page had to get his machined to fit!

Ibiswhite Audi S3 8P
Hmmm...The guy in the shop didnt mention anything about this.
Can this be confirmed by anybody?

white ultraleggeras with the stripes!

would look amazing!

Yes it probably would...But would get very expensive too no? What would u spent for respraying 4 wheels? Are they getting sprayed on or what are the different techniques used to do that?

Tim

VRS
Didn't think the Ultra's were available in a suitable 182 offset, Dan Page had to get his machined to fit!

yeah iirc they cae in et37/38 and dan had to have his machined out as close to et45 as possible. i think he managed to get then to around 42ish?!

Ibiswhite Audi S3 8P
Thanx. I took a look at the thread mentioned above, but how come the ultraleggis are configurable in many shops with 205 45 16 tyres?

45 being the et or did I miss something?

Being right in thinking the 205 45 16 tyres fitting the ultraleggis, what would be the problem to deal with?

VRS
the ET its to do with how the wheel sits on the hub

a wheel with et 37 will stick out more than a wheel with et45

if your car is standard height and you fit wheels with et37 then it will be ok but if you lower the car then the tyres are going to scrub on the arches

for example my car is lowered so i have to have wheels with et45 :)

andy

Nike Lunar Elite's
Tyre size is nothing to do with et, the 45 refers to the depth of the tyre wall iirc

Ibiswhite Audi S3 8P
Now that s**ks...:mad:
I sure want to lower my car on coilies in the near future...
So no leggies for me then???

Are there any comparable wheels (in terms of weight) on the market?

Really wanted the ultraleggis now...:dapprove: