ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

buying RS Tuner help

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
just read a bit more down the page and seen it was "stage 1 map"
can anyone elaborate on what its like or shall I just go straight for the 98ron?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
by the tine you have bought the unlock and map it works out at pretty much the same depending on how much you want for yours of course.

turbo 182
Mines provisionally sold, but ill let you know if it falls through, yes not much difference between price but wait at least a week for delibery for a new 1 or wait 1 day for a 2nd hand 1

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Can someone just confirm that the "Stage 1" map included in the 200 price is the RON98 map?
Bit confusing the site is, stuff all over the place on there.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
wow, just read through the FAQ section on the rs tuner website and I'm more confused now than before.

it says something about a wideband connector?
not sure I need that do I?

also, does the engine have to be running when you have it all plugged in from start to finish?

sorry about the questions ive no idea about any of this really and iv you ask hank he just refers you to the FAQ which brings me to this post :)

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
When you buy a new Tuner, it should come with the leads to connect to the car and laptop, and a map, you want the 98ron map, or the overrun map, which will pop and bang on the overrun, you just switch the ignition on, don't start the car, one thing to bare in mind, if your battery isn't good you might want to attach a charger just in case, as you don't want it going flat half way through, but it doesn't take long, I think mine was about 10 mins to back the ECU up, and a couple of mins to download the map, there are a couple of useful vids on youtube that explain how to do it as well.....

turbo 182
instructions come in the box which are pretty hard to understand but there is a guide in the guides section that i followed, couldnt be simpler

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
right, had a bit more of a read about it from various threads on here and ive found out a few things.

I've read that the 98ron map idles at 1100rpm cold and settles down to a steady 900 when warm.

Mine does exactly this already. So does this mean mine is already running the map?
Knowing my luck i will buy the tuner and find out I already have it.

I take it there is no way of knowing for sure unless i try....

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
cluck me....
looks like im going to have to go down the lanes now then... I will tell the popo im just checking something.

so if my rev counter goes over that then i have it? or will the needle keep going up?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
wp_ss_20150120_0001.png
wp_ss_20150120_0002.png
couldn't get the vids to upload so took screenshots. obviously one when cold and one when warm. It hit the limiter on the second red notch after 7 in second gear.

turbo 182
Idles at 1000rpm if it has already got a rs tuner map on it and the higher Rev limit is 7600rpm in 3rd + should be able to do 98mph in 3rd as you hit Rev limit in 3rd

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
well that's different to what other people have said aswell. I guess its different on all cars. I believe 900rpm is the target idle though.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
i got the 98 map on but i cant hit 98 in third,when mapped the car it said fastchip on the main screen ,ive lost 5k kick,could i have mapped it wrong?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
thanks so should be ok then ,car feels better but i dont think i got big increase on the rev limiter

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
ta,was worried i hadnt done it right,cold start is much better,but it seems to only hit standard limiter

turbo 182
ta,was worried i hadnt done it right,cold start is much better,but it seems to only hit standard limiter
The Rev limiter is only raised in 3rd and above I think, mine with the 98 Ron map idled at 1000rpm or a fraction under but well over 900rpm,

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
thanks it must be ok then also does the car smell richer from the exhaust,nibe seems richer smell

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
As Scooby has pointed out, you don't gain any noticeable BHP increase, it just makes the acceleration more linear, and doesn't feel as flat under 5k, its a great mod......

I echo all. But I still have my "5k kick" even after the map for some reason.. mines special I guess lol.. But seriously it's a great mod. BTW @LeeRS judging from your warm idle, you do not already have the map installed as it idles slightly higher than that once mapped up.

Oh BTW - Get some bloody petrol!!

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
its above 900 but under 1000. Surely it cant be that accurate :p.
I phoned the bloke who owned it before me and he said it has had a remap. He didn't have any reason to bs me as I bought it from a car dealer he had traded it into. I will plug @bob the builder RS tuner in on Saturday. Will it show if it has got a map on it without being unlocked?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
just about to order me one from fastchip.
Its all a bit confusing this site. Can someone just confirm I am doing this right before I order.

I select Clio_2_CBxx from the dropdown list.

Then for module do I select "none"?
as it tries to add on an extra €29 when it says on the page before for €199 it includes the 98ron map.

Website is pretty crap to be fair for a raved about product.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
just about to order me one from fastchip.
Its all a bit confusing this site. Can someone just confirm I am doing this right before I order.

I select Clio_2_CBxx from the dropdown list.

Then for module do I select "none"?
as it tries to add on an extra €29 when it says on the page before for €199 it includes the 98ron map.

Website is pretty crap to be fair for a raved about product.

Thought it already had a remap....

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
the extra 29 is if you want the diagnositcs or option to turn off airbage etc m8 if you just want remap its clio rs 2 199 euros and delivery

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
i think it can i got 1 second hand loaded map said fastchip on the screen,but i cant get 97 in third or 7600 henk said i might have loaded the standard file by mistake