ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buzzing noise at 83 - 85mph, where from!

I have a clio ph2 172. Since I bought it, it seems to always produce a buzzing sound at between 83-85mph. Its not a major sound like the cars gonna fall apart, but more like theres a bee stuck in my car and its really starting to annoy me.

Even had a friend sit in the passenger seat and try to find it at the certain speed but to no avail.

I think it might be the glove compartment but not sure. Please someone give me the solution to this, Im going to pull my hair out soon!

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

ha, I get exactly the same rattle at that kind of speed. It sounds like its from somewhere behind the centre dash. I just drive through it!

DC5

I had the same. Took it to renault and got them to have a look at it as they were investigating yet another annoying noise. Disappeard for a bit, but get it again every now and then

isnt this the 4k rattle, mine does it too. i think its the exhaust touching the heat shield underneath. i use it as a good guide to stop breaking the speed limit.

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 12 June 2005
Its the Flux Capacitor warming up

after reading the topic header, my exact thoughts word for word were "its the flux capacitor warming up!" spooky!!

406 passion wagon..

4K rattle, mine is the same, as said before helps to keep to the speed limit as the rattle is annoying!

Mine made the same noise and I found the problem to be the alarm !!!! Housed it in a different place and the noise was gone!!:)