ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

buzzing noise from rear wheel when driving (182)...

now, i think one of the bearings in one of the rear wheels of the 182 has gone...as when the car is travelling, a humming noise can be heard which increases/decreases with speed etc..(constant noise however...doesnt increase with turning left or right etc)

im sure i might be right?? Ive never had one on the rear of the car go before..(could it be the brakes making it?? im not entirely sure) the disks look fine..

however this seems to have increased the amount of times my ESP light comes on...and stays on...

could the damaged bearing be the reason this light keeps coming on..(im sure the abs ring or some pish like that is located in the rear hub...?

1998 BMW e46 323i
When my bearings went on the back it was really hard to tell which side was duff, but it did get louder/quieter when turning at speed. Think the rear axle joing the wheels confuses/transfers the sound. Eventually sounded like a jumbo taking off. Haven't got ESP, so can't comment.

When my bearings went on the back it was really hard to tell which side was duff, but it did get louder/quieter when turning at speed. Think the rear axle joing the wheels confuses/transfers the sound. Eventually sounded like a jumbo taking off. Haven't got ESP, so can't comment.

thats gradually happened....it has been getting louder...

(to the point that you think people outside can hear it..haha)

im pretty cert its the bearing...but just not really sure on the ABS ring, or whatever the hell its called...