ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bye CS

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Devastated isnt the word. As some will know iv been having trouble with getting my car into reverse the past month or so and with having no money i wasn't able to have it checked out. Well yesterday coming home from work the car started to make very strange sounds from the gearbox. Got nearer home and started to get even worse and wasnt giving me full power so my very good mate (mechanic) came over he couldn't put his finger on it so took it to his last night. Him and his boss have had a look, needs a new gearbox and more than likely a new clutch including the labour. Cant afford it what so ever so im on my dads insurance till i can afford a new car. I have made some amazing friends from CS. Pete, Fletcher, Tim, Adam, Sam just to name a few. Will still be coming to meets and the like but my days with a Clio are over iam afraid. Had such a fun time with it over the past 2 years. Thanks for reading this CS.

Chris

5055078306_6b16f597d5_z.jpg

5055074578_2d546b9933_z.jpg

200 FF Storm Grey
Could you not get a short term loan to sort the clutch and gear box? Seems a shame to sell just for that reason

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
this is what happens when you clearly can't afford to run the car you own.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Sad to hear this dude. Such a nice car :(

Jesus bud, such a shame.

cheers guys

Could you not get a short term loan to sort the clutch and gear box? Seems a shame to sell just for that reason

don't want to tbh this was the last straw for me and the car

I can afford to run my car mate. But fixing it is compleatly different altogether

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Best cash price?? FLOL!! Theres some real assholes moderating this forum! ;)

I'm serious mate, I'm a car trader. pm me when you know whats what. Cheers.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Bad news, but repairs etc come as part of the running costs.

I'm sorry but thats b0llocks!

Who 'budgets' for a new box and clutch??? Thats like saying you can't afford to own a house if you can't afford to repair the fire damaged kitchen.

Give the poor kid a break!

CLIO RS CUP
I'm sorry but thats b0llocks!

Who 'budgets' for a new box and clutch??? Thats like saying you can't afford to own a house if you can't afford to repair the fire damaged kitchen.

Give the poor kid a break!

This!!

The other two guys seem........ ummm...

Stagecoach Ticket
FLOL at slagging him off because he cant afford to fix quite a serious amount of issues when 90% of the forum are financed right up paying insurance and wheels off monthly

b/g 182, meg tourer
sorry to hear the news. shame you cant afford to get it back on the road. looks a good one too!

340i
£275 for a full box rebuild from Agency Transmission services

New Valeo clutch £90

A satururday

Mate at a garage

A few pound notes / beer for your mate?

Done.

Stagecoach Ticket
Maybe take out a small bank loan say £400 or borrow it off the wife/old man fix it on the cheap then flog it and repay your loan and get somthing abit cheaper surely its the only real way of solving your problem
selling non runners is for idoits

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Arghhh shame.. Always see your car @ Goodwood (and in Autocar lol) shame if you can't get it fixed, but a memorable car to have owned and to look back on in the future if you don't!

Stagecoach Ticket
Sod wonga dan lol you get a credit card on an interest free deal for 12/18months even after tht will only go to like 23%APR

Wonga is mad apr

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'll give you the whole amount, £400, but for that I want 49% of the equity? :rasp:

All joking aside, shame it's 'gone'. Surely it makes sense to do whatever you can and get it back on the road though?

GTD, Lupo
Sod wonga dan lol you get a credit card on an interest free deal for 12/18months even after tht will only go to like 23%APR

Wonga is mad apr

That makes 90.5% of the forum in debt to finance then :eek:

Best bet imo is to garage the car, and over the winter months just put away a little cash then when march/april comes along you can easily have picked up a second had box on the cheap, get the clutch fitted and just replace the box. As long as your not hard up for cash just put a cover on it and it will be fine and it can almost be like a small project. Learn how to change it all yourself. Box and clutch isnt that hard.

Pau

Focus ST170
I hate people who say " clearly cant afford to run the car you own! " unfortunetly due to the economic state we are in at the moment some people are struggling with making ends meet, me myself being one of them. I fully understand how heart breaking it is to see the pride and joy you've worked so hard for have something go horrendously wrong with, and be in the position of having no choise but to let it go. Am really gutted for anyone this happens to and feel for them deeply..
Hope you can find a way to keep it going mate..

J

Rant end/

Stagecoach Ticket
That makes 90.5% of the forum in debt to finance then :eek:

Dnt really get what you mean mate?

The point i was making earlier is that everyone on here takes the high ground like there "millionaires" yet only a very few people on here own there cars loan/finance free not tht theres anything wrong with that just dnt look down on others for not being able to fix things due to cost

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
£275 for a full box rebuild from Agency Transmission services

New Valeo clutch £90

A satururday

Mate at a garage

A few pound notes / beer for your mate?

Done.

This +1.

Plenty of guys on here that would sort you out if you got the parts. Just credit card it, dont flog the car for bugger all to one of the vultures!!

On a side note, how much for the car ;)

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Cant afford it what so ever so im on my dads insurance till i can afford a new car.

Surely saving up to get it fixed will be a shitload cheaper than saving up to buy a completely different car?

Get your hands dirty & learn to sort it yourself, it will make you appreciate the car a hell of a lot more too ;) It's in situations like this where it really pays off to be part of a community like this, have a go at it, when you get stuck on something ask on here for some help & you'll get what info you need to be able to carry on. Plus I'm sure you'll be able to find people willing to get their hands dirty & help you out as well.

Everything I know about fixing cars has been from just getting stuck in & asking for info & advice on forums. I've even helped people swap engines, gearboxes & god knows what else just to learn how to do it or be paid in sweets & biscuits.

Don't give up so easily, don't become like the cheese eating surrender monkeys that built the car, be a proper enthusiast & get it fixed yourself as a winter project