ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bye poo 172

Enough is enough I think my blue 2003 172 is going to have to be changed for something with better build quality its cr*p!

Sorry everyone I just need to have a moan (there is no one at home to moan to) the cars really peed me off tonight!

I dont have any build quality problems. I mean I know Ive only done 5k miles but there are no rattles or loose bits or anything.

What’s wrong at the moment:-

Dash rattles like a series 1 Land Rover, drivers window makes a funny noise when going up, one wiper was higher than the other (fit last week) and Paint quality on the drivers side leaves much to be desired (been to the Renault body shop 4 times)

Been fixed since Oct 2003

Washer for head lamp fell off, wipers stopped working and radio stopped working. Sure there’s more but can not remember what, been in the dealership 22 days since I have had it.

Oh and what’s happened tonight? I got really warm driving home with the windows open in traffic!!!!!!!! The A/C had gone up the spout.

Not a happy chap am i.

!

Quote: drivers window makes a funny noise when going up

mine does that too :|

getting a 182 next week tho, hopefully thatll be ok

sorry to rub your nose in it buddy but my 172 is great, 40,000miles not a single rattle inside or out, cant complain at all about it <touches wood> you must have had a friday afternoon car mate, sorry to hear of your troubles, hope you sort it out.

Can totally sympathise, I too am in a love hate relationship with my 03 172, its fab to drive and I do love it but it sends you insane at the same time!!

10 months old and heres the list of probs Ive had - electric windows made a cracking noise (3 attempts to fix!) new ABS unit fitted (1500 quid thank god for warranty), CD player replaced, air vents on a/c make funny whistling noise (garaged havent managed to sort yet), passenger wheel squeaks really loudly (again garage havent managed to sort yet), replaced suspension joint, tyres were recalled and replaced (bonus I supose) oh and to top it off the dash is riddled with the characteristic french rattles!

:D Hey ho, hope that cheers you up!!

This is gonna sound harsh and its not meant to be taken as critisism but may help prevent others for making the same mistake as you. There is absolutely no point in buying the car if you want it as a 9-5 comuter there are so many better cars out there for this purpose. The sole purpose of the 172/182/cup is for trackdays and b road mayhem. The car will soak up bends and excelerate out of corners like no other car i have driven and ive been in lots. Clarky for example was banging on about how cheap the interior and carpets were. Good i say - this makes the car cheaper and lighter meaning its overall better at its job and more value for money. Do your self a favour m8 stop winging sell the car and buy a Lexus.

Quote: Originally posted by adcooper on 14 June 2004

Dash rattles like a series 1 Land Rover, drivers window makes a funny noise when going up, one wiper was higher than the other (fit last week) and Paint quality on the drivers side leaves much to be desired (been to the Renault body shop 4 times)

Washer for head lamp fell off, wipers stopped working and radio stopped working. Sure there’s more but can not remember what, been in the dealership 22 days since I have had it.

Oh and what’s happened tonight? I got really warm driving home with the windows open in traffic!!!!!!!! The A/C had gone up the spout.

Not a happy chap am i.

!

Quote: Originally posted by Scribbler on 15 June 2004

This is gonna sound harsh and its not meant to be taken as critisism but may help prevent others for making the same mistake as you. There is absolutely no point in buying the car if you want it as a 9-5 comuter there are so many better cars out there for this purpose. The sole purpose of the 172/182/cup is for trackdays and b road mayhem. The car will soak up bends and excelerate out of corners like no other car i have driven and ive been in lots. Clarky for example was banging on about how cheap the interior and carpets were. Good i say - this makes the car cheaper and lighter meaning its overall better at its job and more value for money. Do your self a favour m8 stop winging sell the car and buy a Lexus.

Quote: Originally posted by adcooper on 14 June 2004

Not a happy chap am i.

!

Amen

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 15 June 2004
Quote: Originally posted by Scribbler on 15 June 2004
This is gonna sound harsh and its not meant to be taken as critisism but may help prevent others for making the same mistake as you. There is absolutely no point in buying the car if you want it as a 9-5 comuter there are so many better cars out there for this purpose. The sole purpose of the 172/182/cup is for trackdays and b road mayhem. The car will soak up bends and excelerate out of corners like no other car i have driven and ive been in lots. Clarky for example was banging on about how cheap the interior and carpets were. Good i say - this makes the car cheaper and lighter meaning its overall better at its job and more value for money. Do your self a favour m8 stop winging sell the car and buy a Lexus. Quote: Originally posted by adcooper on 14 June 2004<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">What’s wrong at the moment:-<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p></span><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Dash rattles like a series 1 Land Rover, drivers window makes a funny noise when going up, one wiper was higher than the other (fit last week) and Paint quality on the drivers side leaves much to be desired (been to the Renault body shop 4 times)<o:p></o:p></span><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Been fixed since Oct 2003<o:p></o:p></span><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Washer for head lamp fell off, wipers stopped working and radio stopped working. Sure there’s more but can not remember what, been in the dealership 22 days since I have had it.<o:p></o:p></span><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Oh and what’s happened tonight? I got really warm driving home with the windows open in traffic!!!!!!!! The A/C had gone up the spout.</span><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: windowtext; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Not a happy chap am i.<o:p></o:p></span>!
<FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=6>Amen[/QUOTE]

lol but where on the car when u buy it does it say that im sorry but if thats all the car is made for its 10k to expensive !

Your joking im surprised they sell it for 12k

I would pay more, i get three years warrenty where if/when it breaks i take it back and at the end of that i buy a new one whats the problem.

However i dont take mine back for little minor stuff, mine rattles/buzzes there is a screw missing from the handle next to the sun visor, none of this effects how it goes round corners or the driving sensation i have come to like the squeeks and rattles as im thundering along country lanes (Do not buy this car if you live in urban areas) it seems more like a rally car somehow the Viper induction kit drowns most of it out anyway the car is rarely below 5k revs. People who are moaning about the interior really dont understand the thinking behind the car.

Problems ive had with the 172

accesories belt slipping worn pulley replaced everything to do with it alternator battery etc.Air

whole console was replaced due to trip computer failing millage reset to 0

air con had to be re-gasd after a few weeks didnt work

Numerous other serious faults that i cant remember

I still think the car is f**king superb though and cant think of a similar car that gives you the same buzz.

The problem is most people dont get the most out of their car everyday so the bad days arnt offset. If you think about its ive had nearly 300 days hastle free motoring and about 3 days trouble not that bad really is it! Take the car to the Nurburgring all will be forgiven.:D