ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

C/C heater fan changing constantly speed?

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
Noticed on a short journey today that the climate/heater fan started to constantly change speed, never noticed it do this before, but mostly got the music up too loud.

Didn't do it all the time though - seemed to be working normal at first, but when it does, it oscillates rapidly through fast/slow, a bit like a windy day!

Oh, yes it seems to be working OK otherwise, e.g., temp is controlled.

Anybody experienced this problem?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
If it still does it even when you try and turn the fan level down, the heater resistor pack will need fixing/replacing. There is a guide for the fix, but I did it and it didn't work, so replaced it.

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks guys

It only does it on auto, manual fan speed settings are steady, I don't remember it constantly changing speed like this before, the constant whooshing sound is noticeable without the radio on, could it be the temp sensor? - although I replaced this a couple of years ago.

Unfortunately I don't do any long journeys ATM, to see if it stabilises after a while.