ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

C.O.D. connectivity 360 -v- PS3

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
My wife has asked what I want for Christmas and my cheeky suggestion of a PS3 went better than I thought it would.

I borrowed a friends PS3 over the weekend and played C.O.D. MW2 and I had a few games, the host only changed once during a game in about 2 hours and the connection seemed better.

Does anyone have experience of playing C.O.D. on both consoles? Recently (especially at weekends) the x-box 360 connection has been poor in comparison to what it used to be. I have the same broadband provider etc and my onnection is at about 5-7mb (depending on time of day etc).

I will be buying black ops, but not sure which console I buy it for ('both' is not an option).

going by the comments on here the ps3 is usually worse than 360 and when playing on my mates ps3 on mw2 the games are usually very very laggy host changes only happen when the host quits or under extreme prolonged lag ive done hours without a host quit on teh 360 but as soon as im host i have to quit as its unplayable for others then

Nothing at the mo :(
lag is the same on both consoles tbh as ive had both.. ive stuck with Ps3 due to Blu ray and knowing i wont have to get a new xbox soon cause there hardware is near the limitttttt :p

Given Call of duty uses P2P networking your entirely at the mercy of the hosts broadband budget, systems have nowt to do with it!

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Consoles make zero difference.

It is your internet connection, and the connection of others.

All depends on the host as mentioned, and there is nought you can do about it no matter what console you use! I am quite often the host and plusnet has never let me down (so far!).

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
In general the connection for me was better on 360 than my mates PS3 but as people said it's your or someone elses connection so that's all odds really.

I would say however in my experience that XBL is better than PSN and worth paying £2/3 a month, but I'm sure someone will be along soon who thinks different.

As already said, the console makes no difference to online play. It's all down to the host.

but the ps3 seems to be played by pikeys with bad connections my mate can never get a game at less than about 120ms and its not his connection

tbh i put alot of it down to quite a few ps3 owners using them via wireless rather than a hard wired connection

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
Never really thought about it in terms of it being p2p.

I have had both consoles hard wired and it must just have been the host that was better for the time I was playing on the PS3.

Although now that the xbox has caught up and is employing integrated wifi itself maybe it will work both ways lol!

Mountune Tractor
but the ps3 seems to be played by pikeys with bad connections my mate can never get a game at less than about 120ms and its not his connection

tbh i put alot of it down to quite a few ps3 owners using them via wireless rather than a hard wired connection

I'm on PSN and it's rare that I enter a game at more than 60ms, normally 50ms. It's all down to the connection, I use 10mb Virgin fiber.

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
I bought a PS3 yesterday and had a few games on Medal Of Honour last night. Connection was spot on to be honest, but I don't know if it is setup in the same way as C.O.D. so not sure how much of an indicator that is.

I think i'm going to try to change my pre-order from 360 to PS3, as I want to get Halo Reach within the next couple of months and might as well spread out the game time on each console, plus, I should be able to sell the PS3 game and buy a 360 version in a couple of months time if I need to.