ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cable in passenger seat???

clio mk2
what is the cable for in the passenger seat, i think it is the airbag but i dont want to cut it in case it is needed. im trying to change the seats to ones from a suburu wrx. can n a 1 tell me wot this cable is 4.

thanx

clio mk2
whoops. ive already cut through it. i figured i cld join it if it was important. but now when i turn on the car my serv light cums on and so does a wee light in the shape of a seat with sum 1 in it and a circle. on the left hand side.

wot does that mean??

1998 BMW e46 323i
Is it wire, if so solder it up or just use an electrical connector. People say you need to re-set the thing at Renault etc, bulldust. If it's an electrical wire just solder it.

Da

Less
oh dear... :dapprove: Gonna be a trip to renault too once repaired to get the warning lights cancelled. Really shouldn't just go cutting through cables in a car if you've no idea what they're for :rolleyes:

Whilst the warning lights are lit all air bags are deactivated and your pre-tensioners will not work. Lets just hope you haven't knackered anything to do with the airbag computer or them scoob seats are gonna set you back a pretty penny!

1998 BMW e46 323i
Bulldust - Once they're all connected up the warning lights on the dash go out (did on my 2001 172 anyway)...

Get the soldering iron out

Da

Less
bulldust? :S

Did you cut your wires or simply unplug them?

Ah well either way, lets hope they do...

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
renault cut mine when the service light used to come on all the time (i didnt know they had cut it untill i put the dynamique seats in!) b******s just said they "fixed" it