ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Caliper, Disc, Pad, braided lines & Handbrake cable replacement - Help needed

Gregs79

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Trophy
Hi,

I am in the process of replacing the above. So far I have managed to remove all the calipers, had them refurbished and they are ready to go back on.

I have managed to remove the front discs and the rear offside disc, but having issues with the rear nearside. The offside came straight off once the hub nut was loosened, but the rear nearside appears to have a circlip behind the hub nut. Is it right to remove this, was the offside missing something that should have been there? Any help would be great.

I have also managed to loosen off the front pipes from the car, but the front hoses seem stuck in... any suggestions on how to remove these?

I haven't started on the handbrake cables yet (had to cut one to get the caliper off). Any suggestions?

As I am going to this much trouble is there anything else that anyone would recommend replacing (fluid aside) whilst I am at it?

P.S. I am using the guides where I see them.

Next job will be the alternator and belts!

Thanks in advance.

Gregs

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Presuming 1*2 models? The disc should pull off the circlip is there to keep the bearing in place which is part of the rear disc assembly. The brake hoses are probably rusted in place, so need persuasion. However it may help to share pics of the problem as I’m assuring you mean where the flexy comes from the brake to the hardline? Should be a bracket in the wheel arch iirc.
Little too though! Do not allow the brake fluid to drain from the system. As if you get air in the ABS pump, it’s a world of pain to sort unless you have clip or similar to run the abs pump

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Circlip holds the bearing into the rear disc. If the disc wont pull off with hub nut removed, you might need a puller.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Give the disc a tap with a hammer from behind all the way around.

Are the brake line stuck in the caliper or on the car?

Gregs79

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Trophy
Presuming 1*2 models? The disc should pull off the circlip is there to keep the bearing in place which is part of the rear disc assembly. The brake hoses are probably rusted in place, so need persuasion. However it may help to share pics of the problem as I’m assuring you mean where the flexy comes from the brake to the hardline? Should be a bracket in the wheel arch iirc.
Little too though! Do not allow the brake fluid to drain from the system. As if you get air in the ABS pump, it’s a world of pain to sort unless you have clip or similar to run the abs pump
It is 182. I wasn't sure if there was something else required re the hoses, I didn't want to pull them if they were screwed in.

Maybe too late re the brake fluid. :(🤦‍♀️

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220827_083202_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.jpg
    Screenshot_20220827_083202_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20220827_083142_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.jpg
    Screenshot_20220827_083142_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 40

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
The sometimes swell over time and even though they are loose you can't get the brake line off of the brake pipe, will most likely need a new brake pipe. You will be able to pull them with brute force but fixing the new line to the pipe will have the same issue.